mms21
Goobo

born a way

mms21

Pro

I feel that yes people are born a certain way and shouldn't be judged by that, it is not a choice they made, it's how they are. acceding to pink news, "Yes, we have a choice in life, to be ourselves or to conform to someone else"s idea of normality, but being straight, bisexual or gay, or none of these, is a central part of who we are, thanks in part to the DNA we were born with." and for me, I was born this way, God chose this path for me to take. according to CARM "HomoSEXuality is a behavior, an action. It is not the same thing as a genetic condition, such as skin color, height, or gender. Homosexual intercourse (is there homosexuality without it?) is a behavior and is, therefore, something people choose to do. Actions are what people c
Goobo

Con

Thank you for my first debate.

Secondly, I'm assuming my opponent is giving arguments for sexuality as opposed to the general alternative.

Sexuality is a choice because we start out with a clean slate. Are we born murders/lawyers? No. As we grow, there will always be influences around us ranging from parents to friends to associates. These are effects on our personality, that cannot be predetermined at the womb or birth. By ignoring influences such as these, we suggest our fate is predetermined but then, nothing would really change, we couldn't be saved, hope would be minute. Human nature would most likely win etc. "Choices can be made in the present, nature is background or recessive" the philosopher said to the biologist. I'd argue so.
mms21

Pro

are you also saying that your not born with a personality??? none of my family members or friends are trans or gay and I have always been gay. Yes it's in the genes Most homosexual people are in fact born that way, others may pick to be gay or have things that occur during their life that takes them that direction sexually. There is so much proof that people are born gay these days that people that do not believe it really just have their heads stuck in the sand, we need to be more open and loving to everyone's sexual desires as long as they are legal. Only straight people don't think so. The only people who ever argue that you aren't born gay, but get 'seduced' into the lifestyle are people who say they are straight. Since they aren't gay.
Goobo

Con

Let's get stuck in:
-Not Born with a personality- The personality at that stage of life is unlikely to make the conscious or even unconscious decision. When was the first time you have been aroused? When you were a baby? I highly doubt that. Therefore, at the start personality can't determine sexuality immediately.
- More open and loving to sexual desires- I completely agree. I have the right to indulge my fetish.
-Straight people think gay people are seduced into the lifestyle- A quite large generalization. Who's to say they aren't dragged kicking and screaming, finally accepting themselves. Something we aren't all born with is the self esteem to accept immediately.
Study: https://americanvision.org...
mms21

Pro

The only people who ever argue that you aren't born gay, but get 'seduced' into the lifestyle are people who say they are straight. Since they aren't gay, how do they have the first clue what is going on inside the head of a gay person? How did straight people become the experts on gayness? People can be born gay. I think a lot of new research has suggested that sexual orientation can be influenced by hormones the fetus is exposed to during pregnancy. Sexual attraction is something innate and something you cannot change, even if you wanted to. It's determined early in our development.
Goobo

Con

Straight people and gay people are allowed to talk to each other, tell each other their feelings, that's how they understand, a little thing called empathy.
Research my dear, just as bisexual,trans and every other person can become an expert if they study hard enough.
I can't imagine being seduced into it:"Come to this side, we have tequila and tickets to Wicked!". Stereotypical/offensive, maybe. But the absurdity of it is self evident.

I'm going to close as the last person saying this, i respect and appreciate all gay people and what they stand for but I simply can't see how we can be born straight or gay. How does it explain bisexuals? We all have tendencies, what makes them born different?

I might not change others minds but thanks.
Posted by ZachZimmey 9 months ago
ZachZimmey
That's why I said that- even if it was recessive, it should show up in every other generation.
Posted by Goobo 9 months ago
Goobo
Dude dont say that! It could be recessive!! But that would scream at least more cases wouldn't it?
Posted by ZachZimmey 9 months ago
ZachZimmey
"none of my family members or friends are trans or gay and I have always been gay. Yes it's in the genes..."

Genes are inherited from your parents. Therefore, if it is "...in the genes...", as you stated, one or both of your parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. should be Homosexual.
Posted by Goobo 9 months ago
Goobo
Thanks for the debate love. Always stick to your guns.
Hope the rest of you found this riveting.
Posted by Goobo 9 months ago
Goobo
I was born through my mother, is there any other way?
Posted by mms21 9 months ago
mms21
this debate is about your sexuality and how you are born
Posted by Goobo 9 months ago
Goobo
Can't play Devil's Advocate? I'll try my best.
Posted by socks_are_bad 9 months ago
socks_are_bad
someone who has a negative mood this debate it, I cant debate it because I have the exact same opinion as her
Posted by vi_spex 9 months ago
vi_spex
born=now=true=today
Posted by lyokowarri0r 9 months ago
lyokowarri0r
Is the debate whether our actions are completely biological?