cheyyy03
Rollingcorgi

born gay

cheyyy03

cheyyy03

Pro

People are born gay. I believe that guys are born with a certain chromosome that lets them believe that they are gay and are suppose to be gay such as suppose to be a girl or boy.
Rollingcorgi

Con

Humans can be born with defects but most of the important learning experiences come when people are young and learning about social acceptance and only beginning to develop. during this time children are very trusting and accept more as fact.
cheyyy03

Pro

Yes, we have a choice in life to be ourselves but being straight, bisexual or gay, or none of these, is a central part of who we are, thanks in part to the DNA we were born with.
Rollingcorgi

Con

Being gay is based on your experiences, your code of ethics you live by, you are not given it. Do you think being gay is a mistake based on a gene in our DNA
cheyyy03

Pro

I don't think its a mistake I'm saying that I believe that people are born gay and go on in their lives letting people think that it is just a phase when really its genetically incorrect.
Rollingcorgi

Con

Being born gay means that you at birth are attracted to the same sex, which, is not true. Being gay is about how you perceived life and your ethics and codes that you now live by.
Posted by matt8800 10 months ago
matt8800
I was born heterosexual. When I was three, my mothers friend took her shirt off in the room to change and I ran over and grabbed them. I was fascinated and compelled :)
On the flip side, I remember this kid in kindergarten that was effeminate. Sure enough, when he grew up, he was gay.
Why would anyone choose to be gay? Its not like it makes life easier.
Posted by U.n 10 months ago
U.n
I don't even know how to begin voting on this.
Posted by PossieTV 10 months ago
PossieTV
Oye... There should be some sort of mechanism to prevent these types of debates. They lower the overall integrity of site. This wasn't the worst one I've seen, but still, a proper debate should have the following.

A) Predefined rules and structure
B) Cited sources (especially when using a scientific study as science is not as objective as we like to believe)
C) Logic (By this I mean your argument should be able to be put into a logical syllogism)

When debating, do not just simply throw around assertions. Put time into.
Posted by ViceRegent 10 months ago
ViceRegent
Funny that scientists have never found anything that makes a man stick his penis into the anus of another man. That is a liberal delusion.
Posted by DATXDUDE 10 months ago
DATXDUDE
Neither one of you knows how to debate properly.
Vote Placed by kkjnay 10 months ago
kkjnay
cheyyy03RollingcorgiTied
Reasons for voting decision: I cannot really vote either way, both Pro and Con made conflicting one sentence assertions without refuting the other side or providing sources of any kind. Famousdebater is technically correct on the burden of proof but, by definition of "convincing arguments" points I cannot give points to either side.
Vote Placed by famousdebater 10 months ago
famousdebater
cheyyy03RollingcorgiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro instigated and therefore had the burden of proof to prove that people are born gay. Pro's argument was that it was in our DNA, Con did not challenge this and instead asked questions. Con did provide arguments however these were in the final round where Pro couldn't respond, for this reason I will not count Con's arguments as dropped by Pro however Pro's arguments were stated throughout the entire debate and Con consistently ignored them. As a result of this Pro meets their burden of proof whereas Con provides arguments which are irrelevant because they hold less of a burden. In order to win they would have had to refute Pro's DNA argument which they were unable to do.