the_debater_324
Frikcha

brawn over brains

the_debater_324

Pro

I believe that brawn over brains is the smart way to go. If you go to a public school take all of the kids and drop them in the forest with nothing but the clothes on their back THEY WILL DIE!! Without the modern society to hold their hands they are nothing! Last time I remember Arithmetic won't get you any where in the wild unless counting the days away. I believe that spending some time learning to build a fire or to fight back is a bit more important than modern education. Because truly all the modern world is going to give you is greed obesity and disappointment.
Frikcha

Con

If you dropped a public school into a forest with nothing but their clothes, most likely only the smartest will survive. Employing essential survival skills into a situation like that would greatly increase your chances of surviving over brute strength. Sure the more physically above average ones would be better equipped to deal with survival of a more direct nature but their stupidity will eventually bring them down. A smart person doesn't need above average strength to start a fire or get food. They can identify plants and berries to find a suitable food source and create small, sustainable farms. The others could easily eat a poisonous berry and die overnight. In the long run being smart is much more beneficial than being brawny. There is nearly no limit to the capabilities of the human mind but the human body can only do so much.
the_debater_324

Pro

What i'm talking about is street smarts over book smarts stupid the brain only knows what is in a text book and the brawn is with the survival skills now your just mixing it all up. think about this athens vs sparta
Frikcha

Con

Well then you should have outlined exactly what you were talking about in the topic or your opening debate. I refuse to continue this debate given it no longer interests me.
the_debater_324

Pro

the_debater_324 forfeited this round.
Frikcha

Con

I don't know how to forfeit :P