debatewithme1
Lexus

can a black person truly be for black empowerment while married to a white person and vice versa ???

Lexus

debatewithme1

Con

i dont think so because its being a hypocrite
Lexus

Pro

I accept. Due to there being no rules, I would just like to define and explain some key terms within this debate.

What is black empowerment?
Black empowerment (as I know of it, and is generally accepted as such) is the furthering of black people, while not necessarily trampeling on the rights of a white person. The black empowerment movement is mostly made to further increase equality in mainstream society; to make both white and colored people have the same rights and have these rights applied equally.

Arguably the BEM (black empowerment movement) has been a thing since pre-abolition days, but most people can agree that it really took off after the second world war in the form of the civil rights movement in the US. This is because this was the first time that it was socially acceptable (at least somewhat) to believe in the empowerment of colored people, and more and more people signed up. I would call this the start of the modern BEM, but it really is the start of the BEM as a whole.

What is this resolution asking?
This resolution is asking if a black person who supports the BEM can marry a white person, and still hold true to their values. My opponent is con on this debate, so I will assume that he says that they cannot stick to their values. I am pro, meaning I believe that they can stick true to their values.

However, there is a twist on the end of the resolution, which says "vice versa". This leads me to believe that the resolution also includes "can a white person be for white empowerment while marrying a black person?", however this is not a reasonable resolution. We are having two different resolutions if we allow the vice versa to remain intact, so I ask my opponent to amend the resolution which will remove the vice versa. If he chooses not to, I will still argue that a white empowerment person can stay true to their beliefs if they marry a black person, but this is a large burden for me to hold.

What is white empowerment?
The way that I define white empowerment is the furthering of equality for white people in a society. However, at least in the US, there is not a large enough inequality for white people to have to have their own empowerment movement. WEM (white empowerment movement) members may be advocating for furthering the rights of colored people, because they are preaching for equality.

However, I do not know what a WEM member will think, because I have never heard of one that was not a neo-nazi or a KKK member, and that is unfathomably unrelated to this debate, and they aren't *truly* WEM members. Remember what I said about BEM members: they are not advocating for trampling the rights of others, just increasing equality in society, and the same thing can be cross applied to WEM members.

End note:
I look forward to an intelligent debate in the rounds ahead. Please do not forfeit. If you concede to any of my arguments or wish to forfeit, please do not make me have to wait days and days for your forfeiture. Thank you.
debatewithme1

Con

debatewithme1 forfeited this round.
Lexus

Pro

... okay.
debatewithme1

Con

debatewithme1 forfeited this round.
debatewithme1

Con

debatewithme1 forfeited this round.
Lexus

Pro

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 pinch salt
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 36 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, 1 cup milk, water, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix well. Fill each muffin cup half-full of batter.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4. Make filling: In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening together until smooth. Blend in confectioners' sugar and pinch of salt. Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. beat until light and fluffy. Fill a pastry bag with a small tip. Push tip through bottom of paper liner to fill each cupcake.
debatewithme1

Con

debatewithme1 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
debatewithme1LexusTied
Vote Placed by salam.morcos 1 year ago
salam.morcos
debatewithme1LexusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full ff