can canada ever become a military power

Joey888 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

I say Canada cant become a military superpower because they don't have the population to become one the usa has a large population allowing it to have a large military but don't get me wrong tech and training wise Canada is just slightly lower if not on par with the usa.

Canada can in fact become a military power. Maybe not now, but probably in the future. Russia became a military power, and it was not heavily populated. It is like Canada: cold and dependent on several resources to make their living in this world. Canada is one of the ten largest countries in the world, and I believe that Canada can become a military power. Maybe a new form of government may have to be established if this is to happen.

you are indeed right in the future Canada does have the possibility to become one I must agree but on terms of more recently I don't think they have what it takes yet because once again they don't have the population for it but if a large war involving Canada occurred maybe they might take extra steps and end up as a military power that being said a reason the wont become a military power is because they simply don't need or want to they have almost 0 wars to fight and thus don't need a strong military
Posted by ATR2004 1 month ago
that guy talking about you know who is right our prime minister is useless he cares more about people getting offended and trees than helping our actual population
Posted by TheBenC 1 month ago
I laughed when I read the title of this. It is idiotic. To be a military power you first need natural resources and manufacturing. Canada might have resources but is far from having the manufacturing capabilities.

This is a joke, right?
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 month ago
Canada could be a military place. The main soldiers would be Captain Falcon, Waluigi, and ProtonJon. (Jon is a Canadian YouTuber, and Captain Falcon and Waluigi are his mascots)
Posted by Snazzy 1 month ago
Suppose Canada did have the population. Their prime minister is too much of a you-know-what to build up a military because it might offend someone.