can science be wrong?

knowledge is not wrong

I await my opponent's case.

obvius denial.
so you assume knowledge is wrong

You are asserting that science can be wrong by taking the pro position in this debate.

"knowledge is not wrong" is a non-sequitur. We're discussing whether science can be wrong, not knowledge. If you're making a comparison between knowledge and science you need to explicate that link.

Thus far, my opponent has no case.

Here is the definition of "science."

Science: "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."

Science is a process. Processes don't have truth values. Science is the means by which we arrive at truth. Science itself is neither true nor false. Therefore science cannot be "wrong." Performing the scientific method may result in wrong conclusions, but this is not the result of science itself.

Over to pro.

sure my position is science can be wrong, but knowledge is not wrong

well i have gotten medication from science that worked, i have no doubt it worked..

the case is if science is wrong it is not knowledge

so whatever science tells you is truth? what if i tell you a scientist just told me its a fact that you need to eat a poop right now.. he said your life depend on it sir

My opponent didn't rebut my argument.

It was once knowledge that the sun revolved around the earth- so knowledge can be wrong. Even if it were true that knowledge isn't wrong, this does nothing to prove the resolution.

Science is an evaluative process. The conclusions that are derived from this process can be right or wrong. The process itself cannot be wrong.
Vote Placed by HeavenlyPanda 3 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Because