dyxtj
vi_spex

can there be evil in a world that there is also a single, all knowing, all loving God?

dyxtj

dyxtj

Pro

I would like to say that I believe that in a world created by a God which you described (the God of the Christian faith I am assuming) could indeed have evil in it. I would start my argument with a question (although I know that is uncustomary, that is how I would like to do this). If there were no darkness at night, how would you know that you were looking at the light in the day? if there were no shadows, you would be blind. This is a fitting analogy for this debate. It is necessary for there to be wrong in the world, so that people know how to choose the right path. If nobody had ever killed another, and you were not taught that killing was wrong, how would you know not to do it? There would have been no basis to have been taught not to kill, because no one had ever tried it before, therefore, they would believe they were justified because they have never been exposed to being "evil" as you put it, they would not sense an issue.
vi_spex

Con

when i do bad i feel bad, and actions have consequences

you have solved the problem of evil, without good there can be no bad, without positive there can be no negative, and the opposite of machine, is nature, specified and random

my stupidity is my teacher, and my intelligence is me as the educated student of stupid

if i punch you in the face i sense an issue when you punch me back..
dyxtj

Pro

when you feel bad because you do bad, you feel bad because you know what you did was evil. you had been taught what was right and what was wrong from birth, and have known the difference. But what if you never had a basis to say what was right or wrong? If there was no creator in the universe, would there ever truly be good or evil? you would do what you had to do to better your own chances of survival. Under this circumstance, if someone had something you didn't that was necessary for you to survive, such as water, there would be no wrong in you beating him and taking it. you simply did what was best for you to survive
vi_spex

Con

thats what im saying, look if i have never seen a fight before, and i punch you in the face etc.. answers your question, you would punch me back, i experience a consequence of that action, and possibly more.. now you wont be my friend, you yell at me, my face Hurts etc..
dyxtj

Pro

in the given situation, you would not know that it was morally wrong or evil to get in the fight. you may learn from experience as given in Kolb's Experiential Learning Theory that it physically hurt you to do that, but would you grasp that it is morally wrong? You would learn not to punch someone bigger than you again, but you will learn to do so because it hurts you, not because of what it does to them
vi_spex

Con

as i said.. when i do bad i feel bad, i have myself as a contrast, if i cut myself it Hurts and i yell out noises, and hey others do that to..

a contrast would be i can gently run my finger up and Down the skin on my arm, it feels good, i would rather do that then cut myself really.. and hey i want that girl to like me, maybe i should cut her then.. ow right i would have to be some kind of alien imbecile to think like that...
dyxtj

Pro

You feel a negative impact, but you don't view what you did as evil, you just notice the negative repercussions of your body.
for all of your arguments, you are using how it affects you in some way as to what you view as right or wrong, and that alone stands against your arguments. for instance, in the beginning, you talked about a fight. your reasoning for doing that was that it hurt you in some way, and gave your opponent no thought. in the second one, you commented on how you want that girl to like you. if you cut her, she wouldn't like you. so your showing how the thought process would make evil a form of action, it just shows how to manipulate your actions to get the response that you want.
vi_spex

Con

no look.. you are just trying to complicate something completly simple and clear

do people naturally go around punching animals because they just dont get that its not good for the animal? just SMASH, grab that tail and bash it, ow it stopped moving, maybe i should do it harder with the NeXT one so it dosnt break.. im an alien again
dyxtj

Pro

Listen, I'm trying to point out something to you. people don't do that, because they know that is morally wrong. In every religion, there has been a set of codes as to what is right or wrong. What if they had never had those? How would people know to teach their offspring and the village little ones the difference between right and wrong? because they gave a possible representation, that showed the difference between good and evil, that included 1 or more diety
vi_spex

Con

religion is belief
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
dyxtjvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision:
Vote Placed by daem0n 2 years ago
daem0n
dyxtjvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: The resolution is that God *can* exist despite the problem of evil. Con never actually presents any reasons why the problem of evil disproves God's existence.