shakuntala
Emilrose

can this work be called erotic poetry

Emilrose
Started: 1/12/2015 Category: Arts

shakuntala

Con

can this work be called erotic poetry
https://www.scribd.com...
Emilrose

Pro

Accepted.

Here are some excerpts from the poem my opponent (Con) claims is not erotic:

"That tight closed virgin bud thy cunny lips nestled twixt thy silken thighs that I couldst pull asunder those loving lips with my tongues soft tip and dalliance there ‘neath the silken cunny hair to feel
the delicious shudders along my tongue edge to feel the delicious shudders of thy rose-bud cunny across the quivering flesh of the slavering soft tongue of I to feel the smoky softness of that flesh to stroke that pulpy flesh with the tongue of I the color of pink silk."

"Even now I canst smell the honey and poppy juice scented c-nt lipsof she that brings back memories of nights of love wrapped up in those succulent lips as I didst pluck that pronging clit like plucking sitar strings even now wouldst I kiss that hole dripping juices like an oozing honey comb slipping the tongue of I into that heated pooland frothing up the foam with the cat-like licks of I even now I see those c-nt lips spread for love red glowing like heated coal brighter than burning bush on Sinai ah even now in my languidennui canst I see that c-nt hole shimmering like a silver mirror even now tremble I remembering the touch of those lips softer than pink hue clouds".

"Ah my beloved c-nt is like the moon her c-nt lips bedewed with cunny cream like stars her clit beshining like the sun and that c-nt hole be more beautiful oasis to the thirsty ah that I couldst linger longingly on that manna of paradise that I could stlinger longingly on that ripe mango
fruit ah that c-nts splayed lips more beautiful than carnation more beautiful in its many hues than sunset o’er the gleaming desert sands ah all the dreams of I be in that mound of flesh twixt soft velvety thighs ah that c-nt more longing I than sweet cake for Ramadan ah that soft hooded bud pronging out like grape succulentand ripe ah that c-nt flashing in the light the eyes of I devour ah that c-nt hole a silvery mirror thatis mirrored in the thoughts of I ah that c-nt mushy ripe fruit".

"Even now I see those cunt lips turn pinkish hue fromst the outward breathing of I seethat throbbing clit inflamed red like some rose set in snow even now see I those puffy lips glowing like a flower under lightfalls of saffron light even now oh beloved thy c-nt see I thy lips that be more beautiful than crimson silk more gorgeous than the red flames flashing fromst gleaming rubies more succulent than ripe mango fruit more delightful than wine from St. Shiraz more scented than perfume of Khotan musk the dew upon thy lips.".

The definition of "erotic" is:

1. of concerning, or arousing sexual desire or giving sexual pleasure.

2. marked by strong sexual desire or being especially sensitive to sexual stimulation.

a.
of pertaining to, or treating of sexual love.

As the theme of the poem is most obviously oral sex, the poem classifies as erotic.

Over to you Con.

[1.] http://www.thefreedictionary.com......
shakuntala

Con

Hi Pro
I will argue using your own source ie http://www.thefreedictionary.com... that the work is not erotic instead it is pornographic
you define erotic as
"The definition of "erotic" is:

a. of pertaining to, or treating of sexual love."

but I argue the work is not erotic but pornographic based on your own source

using your own source
from the very source you used to define erotic
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
pornographic is defined to be
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

"1. Sexually explicit writing, images, video, or other material whose primary purpose is to cause sexual arousal.
2. Lurid or sensational material. Often used in combination"

this definition fits the the same examples of poems from the work you yourself used

so the work is not erotic instead it is pornographic-based on your own source
Emilrose

Pro

My own source in fact illustrates that the poem does classify as erotic.

I'll reiterate the definitions:

Firstly, this poem is alluding to sexual desire. As well as the main theme being giving sexual pleasure.

Evidently the author of this poem is demonstrating strong sexual desire.

a. of pertaining to, or treating of sexual love.

Here the author is pertaining to a sexual love of his, and is also outlined as treating this sexual love.

Therefore, all definitions correspond with the term "erotic".

Con claims that instead of being erotic, the poem is pornographic. However I'd note that all poems featuring sexual desire or the act of sex itself can be viewed as pornographic depending on the individual who is reading them. Technically this poem is still categorized as "erotic".

A brief look at any erotic poetry and you'll very likely view things that some would view "sexually explicit", or "lurid". Pros own source states that the primary purpose of pornography is to cause sexual arousal, I'd also note that this is one of the primary purposes of erotic poetry.
shakuntala

Con

pro has given a definition of erotic to ague that the poem is erotic

I have used Pros own source to show that the work matches the definition of pornography thus showing the poem is pornographic

so the voters we have two different definitions which match the poem one erotic the other pornographic
so voters which definition is correct -erotic or pornographic

who wins pro or con
Emilrose

Pro

Thanks Con.

As demonstrated in the previous rounds, the definition provided by me (Pro) corresponds entirely with the the poem being erotic.

I also noted that all poems featuring sexual desire or the act of sex can be viewed of as "pornographic" but still are still categorized as "erotic". In literature, the two aren't entirely dissimilar . Pros own source confirms that both pornography and erotic literature have the same purpose, with that being sexual arousal.
Posted by Emilrose 1 week ago
Emilrose
Unbelievable...
Posted by whiteflame 1 week ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Zarroette// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 point to Pro (Arguments)). Reasons for voting decision: Pro showed that the poem can be considered erotic. Con's response was that the poem is only pornographic. Pro essentially made the point that the two are not mutually exclusive. Arguments go to Pro.

[*Reason for non-removal*] This debate is over two years old and therefore well past the statute of limitations for moderation.
************************************************************************
Posted by thett3 2 weeks ago
thett3
can't believe pro won. goes to show how lax voting standards on DDO were back in the day
Posted by SeventhProfessor 2 weeks ago
SeventhProfessor
Legendary
Posted by Emilrose 2 years ago
Emilrose
Ahem, yes.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
shakuntalaEmilroseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro showed that the poem can be considered erotic. Con's response was that the poem is only pornographic. Pro essentially made the point that the two are not mutually exclusive. Arguments go to Pro.