Mayura
Himans45

can we able to know a person without speaking through body language

Himans45

Mayura

Pro

Hi i believe that through body language we can able to know a person without even speaking to him. I have experienced it. The way they behave.the way they treat us says many thing about them
Himans45

Con

I accept, good luck
Mayura

Pro

Hi thank you for excepting ! See body language is a science .if some body ignores you without any reason dint you find him bad person or mean. Body language says allot . its mirror of our mind 80% of our communication depends up on body language police can able to identify a person with self detector instrument or facial expression. Even for job interview body language plays a very important role a trained body language expert sits to analysis the candidate.
Himans45

Con

I would like to politely ask pro to use punctuation and to spell check his arguments, as to make them easier to read.

To be clear we are arguing that you can get to know somebody without speaking, just through body language. Am I correct?

"See body language is a science . if some body ignores you without any reason dint you find him bad person or mean."

To assume somebody is a bad person just because he ignores you, is an extremely ignorant way to judge people. It is entirely possible that he is currently busy, is not feeling well, or simply does not feel like talking to you.

"Body language says allot ."

I agree, body language is extremely important in person to person conversations.

its mirror of our mind 80% of our communication depends up on body language

I disagree, if body language was 80% of all communication than chatting online to strangers would be incredibly difficult, and near impossible. Also that 20% is still there, meaning you still need to talk.

"police can able to identify a person with self detector instrument or facial expression."

Yes, the police can tell if somebody is lying, or nervous, through body language. This however, has no relevance to the fact that you can not get to know somebody on a personal level just through body language.

"Even for job interview body language plays a very important role a trained body language expert sits to analysis the candidate."

I agree 100%, but you cannot go into a job interview and convey everything about you through body language and not speak at all.

My stance is that you need to talk/write to get to know somebody, or listen to them talk. You can certainly use body language to influence what people think of you, but you cannot rely only upon that.
Mayura

Pro

hi ok thank you for replying .wow nice reply . see if you have helped somebody and you met that person somewhere but he is not talking to you and ignoring you his body language telling you something don't you find him rude or mean. you said that the person might be busy . but dont you think so that it hardly takes 5 sec for a good person to say he is busy. and if somebody is busy like in ticket counter or any office we do understand don't we. ok if somebody is not well still that person can communicate with us but if that person is repeating this type of body language again and again than what will you call it . yes if some body is not interested in you and you are stranger than its a different case.
yes i do agree that for job interview a body language expert can tel many thing about the person what he is saying is important but how he is saying is most important. suppose i am saying to interviewer that i am confident girl but my body language shows i am weak so he will definitely have doubt.
ok i am agree with your 'online chatting 'point even in social networking site we chat with many people .even there also we can miss understand a person. for knowing a person understanding is most important not just speaking or chatting. even a person can be fake when we chat with some one. but in body language if a person who can be anyone a kid or adult can able to know a person .even see our pets who can not speak but with the help of body language they can show us affection and we can show them too. even take example of my cat my uncle don't like her so he ignores her and my cat get scared too.
even there is a course if we find a stranger our brain chemicals get activated telling us wheather we should talk to that person or not it a course many people learning now a days. yes i know and i am completely agree that for knowing a person we require to give time we require to understand him/ her . i am not saying that we can come to know about a person completely by his body language but i am saying we can conclude some good / bad qualities of him correctly
see if you find a decent woman on a road who have fell down you will sure go and help her .but if supose i replace that decent woman with a woman who is not walking properly having shaky walk her body language is rude her apperience is miserable and fall down on road no body will come to help her because you guys will conclude that she might be drunk not good person no sympathy for her etc etc
Himans45

Con

Hello, and thanks for responding to my argument.

I'm really sorry, but your writing is incredibly difficult to read with the lack of punctuation, capitalization, and general grammar. I'm just going to respond to a few points, as some of them are slightly confusing to me.

"see if you have helped somebody and you met that person somewhere but he is not talking to you and ignoring you his body language telling you something don't you find him rude or mean."

Everyone interprets this differently, as shown by your comment here. You may find it rude but personally I wouldn't because I would pick up on the fact that he's busy, or just doesn't want to talk to me at that moment. I would then leave him alone and let him do his own thing.

"yes i do agree that for job interview a body language expert can tel many thing about the person what he is saying is important but how he is saying is most important. suppose i am saying to interviewer that i am confident girl but my body language shows i am weak so he will definitely have doubt."

Yes, as I stated earlier I believe that body language is incredibly important in job interviews, and can play perhaps an even larger role in seeing if you get the job. This is not what we are arguing however, we are arguing that you do not need to talk to someone AT ALL to get to know them.

"even there is a course if we find a stranger our brain chemicals get activated telling us wheather we should talk to that person or not it a course many people learning now a days."

This just proves my own point farther, you can get a base understanding of someone from their body language, but to really get to know them you need to actually speak to them.

"i am not saying that we can come to know about a person completely by his body language but i am saying we can conclude some good / bad qualities of him correctly"

That's not what you had previously stated in the beginning, you had stated that you can get to know a person without any speaking at all. If instead you had said "Is it possible to learn some good/bad qualities about someone without speaking to them, and only through body language?" than this would be an entirely different claim.

"see if you find a decent woman on a road who have fell down you will sure go and help her .but if supose i replace that decent woman with a woman who is not walking properly having shaky walk her body language is rude her apperience is miserable and fall down on road no body will come to help her because you guys will conclude that she might be drunk not good person no sympathy for her etc etc"

This is completely irrelevant, and entirely subjective to who is passing them on the road.

As you can see, my opponent seems to be unclear of his own stance, or rather I am misunderstanding something.

I had fun debating, I'm fairly new at this so this is all a learning experience to me. Thank you.
Vote Placed by taburkasaurusrex 2 years ago
taburkasaurusrex
MayuraHimans45Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I couldn't read pro's arguments. And con had the best details and perspective.
Vote Placed by DrewMcD 2 years ago
DrewMcD
MayuraHimans45Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con uses the best punctuation and spelling, and does a great job establishing points and debating Pro's points. Great job by both sides.