attamaaditya
tmf_luvs_debate

can we use uniform at +2level

attamaaditya

Pro

i prefer college uniform should be mandatory.
although it increases priority,but children wear school uniform from their child hood.
they get bored of this uniforms.
but it is necessary to wear a uniform
its reduces the burden of buying costly dresses.
tmf_luvs_debate

Con

I do believe that uniforms are a good idea up until eighth grade. Because kids change so much during that period of time, and it helps them emotionally if they don't have to deal with mockery and teasing if they dress differently. However during High school and College people are starting to figure out who they are and by putting them in uniforms you are suppressing any creativity as far as clothing. In some peoples lives their clothing is one of their only ways to let out their inner feelings and so if you force them to wear matching uniforms it takes away freedom of expression. One reason you say uniforms are good because then you dont have to worry about buying costly clothing. Well one solution to that is shop at local second hand stores. If you go to second hand stores regularly and search around there are often adorable clothes that have barely been worn, and even top designer brands for $5.oo instead of hundreds of dollars.
attamaaditya

Pro

attamaaditya forfeited this round.
tmf_luvs_debate

Con

My opponent has chossen to forfeit his chance to oppose my argument. But I would just like to say that by taking away a persons choice to wear what they want, you also take a little bit of a persons free will along with it. I think that if private schools want to have uniforms that is great! No person attending a public school though should be forced to wear a certain outfit everyday.
attamaaditya

Pro

attamaaditya forfeited this round.
tmf_luvs_debate

Con

Seeing as my opponent has failed to respond to my arguments, and i have said everything I needed to. I rest my case.
Posted by tmf_luvs_debate 8 years ago
tmf_luvs_debate
Hooker skirts and goth makeup??? huuuuh? I would like to tell you that my favorite style of clothing includes pencil skirts and anything 40's or 20's. That is steryotype teenager you are talking about, but honestly I see maybe 20 or 30 peopel who match your discription a day and hun I go to a school with 3000 kids. I dont like abercrombie, and did you not read what I said about thrift stores? I find amazing deals and brand new clothes and spend almost no money on clothes! your statement "God forbid that kids should replace clothes with community involvement and after-school activities," implys that no teenagers are socialy active. I dress how I want and I am part of 4 school clubs that are all community service oriented, peer court ( i am a peer artourney), and I am here on debate.org. I obviously have oppinions. I am a ballerina and have been since I was 6, i have been on pointe for 3 years and dance 13.5 hours a week. I have straight A's in school, and read 1000-2000 pages a week ( pleasure reading not just school reading)

so dont you tell me to leave my hooker skirts and goth makeup at home. that is an assumption and totally incorect. the high school i attend is ranked top public highschool in the state. Its test scores are about 30% higher than almost all other public highschools in the state! and it is a big state, and we dont wear uniforms. there are over 85 clubs that are completely full, and a giant library on campus that is always full of students who want to read. only 18 out of 3000 students failed the end of year test last year, and most of them werent goth skanks.
Posted by rshortman 8 years ago
rshortman
Your argument is that uniforms hinder freedom of expression and creativity? That's really your biggest concern? That kids won't be able to 'express themselves'?

Nevermind the fact there are plenty of ways for adolescents to enjoy freedom of expression, including performing arts, music, politics and sports. No, I guess to you none of those things matter when faced with the prospect of a sad, depraved childhood where you have to leave your hooker skirts and goth makeup at home. God forbid that kids should replace clothes with community involvement and after-school activities.

Uniforms exist for a reason: modesty and regulation. In a world where anything goes, everything will go. The uniforms serve to downplay the social segregation (high school cliches), alleviate stressful standards when it comes to money and name brands (Abercrombie and Fitch, anyone?) and implement a psychological barrier from destructive behavior (at least in school). It's more difficult to make out the popular from the unpopular and the wealthy from the poor if everyone is dressed alike. For us adults, that's not a necessarily a good thing but for kids, it's such an amazing relief.
Posted by shark 8 years ago
shark
i am at secondry school (a public school) and forced to wear uniforms. i would not mind this but the price for everything i need is over £200. education is meant to be free
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Complete forfeits should be counted as spam and at least removed from the front page.
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
tmf, again you surprise me...I might get us mixed up, you are suprisingly like me... it is quite scary, however I belive they should be able to opt. out of using the uniform system if they want. Like unifoorms would be available for those who wish to wear them, and the school would provide them. Just my opinion.
Vote Placed by tmf_luvs_debate 8 years ago
tmf_luvs_debate
attamaadityatmf_luvs_debateTied
Vote Placed by antheaaa 8 years ago
antheaaa
attamaadityatmf_luvs_debateTied
Vote Placed by Puck 8 years ago
Puck
attamaadityatmf_luvs_debateTied
Vote Placed by The_Devils_Advocate 8 years ago
The_Devils_Advocate
attamaadityatmf_luvs_debateTied
Vote Placed by CP 8 years ago
CP
attamaadityatmf_luvs_debateTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
attamaadityatmf_luvs_debateTied
Vote Placed by ajn0592 8 years ago
ajn0592
attamaadityatmf_luvs_debateTied
Vote Placed by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
attamaadityatmf_luvs_debateTied