canoe polo. should woman be aloud to play in open leagues with men?

Started: 1/19/2016 Category: Sports

canoe polo is a big sport if you know the right people who may play it. it is played in over 15 different countys and more and more people getting in to the sport. like all sports its open to both men and woman but should woman be in able to play in open leagues with men?

My first question is should woman be able to play against some of the best male polo players?
(from my time playing polo some woman can far out do the high levelled men)

my second question is some woman believe woman become better at the sport by playing against some of the better male players. do you think taking away open leagues will slow if not stop the development of female polo players?

any and all opinions are welcome.

I think that women should not be able to be in the same team with men, although i am a woman.
I believe that women should be able to compete against men, if they want to see who is better.
Personally, I am not a big fan of team sports, I play fencing and tennis, so I do not know much.
To start with, we have to question whether there"s even an appetite for girls being allowed to play on boys" sports teams. Very few people actually in sports complain about the fact women can"t play on the men"s teams. If there"s no desire to join the teams together, there doesn"t seem like there"s any reason to force this change through.
There"s also a significant difference in what boys play and what girls play. Look in most high schools today and you"ll find most males playing football, basketball, and various contact sports. Girls tend to opt for non-contact sports, such as volleyball, or they only participate in sports as cheerleaders or managers. Again, there"s no appetite for this change from either side.
Take into account the differences biologically. The average male marathon runner will always run faster than the average female marathon runner. A professional female weightlifter will never lift more than a professional male weightlifter. It makes males biologically faster and stronger. Women couldn"t compete on a team with men. Matches in any sport wouldn"t come down to who had the most skill. It would come down to who has the most men and women on their teams.

jackiiboy forfeited this round.

rare29931 forfeited this round.
Posted by SactownBoom 9 months ago
Women should be barefoot and make me a sammich.
Posted by jackiiboy 9 months ago
thank you for you comment. place watch this short video to have a little understanding of the sport.
Posted by BaronFranzdEpinay 9 months ago
Sure, all sports should be opened to men and women, however all this will probably do is reinforce gender stereotypes. Having separate leagues for men and women lets people at least hold the illusion that female sports players could beat the male teams. But hey, maybe we could get some good underdog success once-in-a-lifetime stories out of it.