vi_spex
Kryptic

cause+(and)effect=(is)logic=absolute=matter

Kryptic

vi_spex

Pro

how can mirrors be real, if our eyes arnt real?
Kryptic

Con

How can mirrors be real, if our eyes are not real? You are suggesting our eyes are not real?
What an unusual topic of discussion, is this due to some philosophical view? or troll?
We can both accept, respect, acknowledge and perhaps appreciate that we can 'see', touch, taste, and if needed... do something in order to produce a vibration and in turn... hear the piece of material in question. this, "Mirror"
vi_spex

Pro

it dosnt suggest our eyes arnt real evne thou it may seem like it

the question comes from jaden Smith but i understand it.

surre i can pick something up and bang on it and experience that its real beyond just grabbing and touching it with my hands
Kryptic

Con

Let me make something clear, what a 14 year old says doesn't make anything true. I truly hope you are actually curious as to wonder what something would be like if it wasn't real but the interaction felt real.

how about this. If someone claimed to have been abducted by aliens, but can't show they have been. if they truly believe they have, they would experience the same trauma as if they actually did.

Why would our eyes not be real? if I gave you the definition for an eye,
Noun
1. each of a pair of globular organs of sight in the head of humans and vertebrate animals.

And I gave you the definition for organ...
Noun
1. a part of an organism which is typically self-contained and has a specific vital function.

I would first argue that eyes do exist and show literally any human diagram ever in support of my argument, I would also suggest that by you understanding what I am writing means you have eyes.
And something with a highly accurate reflection doesn't need to be false just because you may not be able to see, or presume that eyes are not real.

The more I talk about this topic the more I feel stubborn for taking it on board, and the more I feel insulted that you would question something like that to me.

If you have any other actual questions though. then by all means. I can answer them.

Just keep in mind that I will pick up any logical fallacy you put forward and show the ignorance if you happen to express it.
vi_spex

Pro

i dont are who says it.. if its true its true, as i said i understand it

when have i said our eyes arnt real?
Kryptic

Con

"how can mirrors be real, if our eyes arnt real"
Umm... right there. Do not claim to not have suggested something after literally creating a debate topic about it and attempting to defend it lmao.

Lets talk about the philosophy of a mirror though...
It's a reflective glass that allows us to look at it. People could make it poetic or ask what colour a mirror is, perhaps what a mirror would look like in a box.

Or another issue is. If you had an enclosed box that had walls of mirror.... OR, a sphere, but on the inside of a hollowed out spherical mirror.
If a light particle was to materialise inside and project itself onto the mirror, how long would the light last for?
vi_spex

Pro

so our eyes are not real?
Kryptic

Con

Our eyes are not real because I simply choose to think so? This is no argument, I appreciate your sense of humour though, I would ask however. at what point will you accept something? At what point will something, whether as a comedic response or simply lack of understanding be accepted? I mean, you changed your view, or at least decided to be comedic and write a debate topic on what a 14 year old kid said. So whether you actually agreed to it or not, you decided to write about it. Clearly as a joke... but none the less, at what point do you feel as though you would change your mind?

Noun
Evidence - the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Either way, there is no evidence suggesting eyes do not exist and if you ask the question, you have the burden of proof.

Christopher Hitchens once said "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

If you suggest something, you're required to show me evidence. If I said, you're not human... I am required to show you how you're not.
If you say, something like 'how can mirrors be real, if our eyes arnt real?'
You are required to show me how in any possible way, whether joking or asking something philosophically, how eyes are actually not real. You can't then say 'did I actually say it?' Because it doesn't matter what you said, you proposed something. It's YOUR responsibility to show me.

Anyway, it was fun talking to you.
vi_spex

Pro

i am asking you, if our eyes are real

Kryptic

Con

I can safely say I have won this debate :)
You have not bothered addressing any of my claims nor made any your self, you are still required to address ALL of them and make your own before I am required to continue. By definition, I could end with a full stop (period) .
On this round and still have a better argument than your first statement. which, might I add, is the same thing you said for your title. Have a good day bro :)
Posted by Kryptic 1 year ago
Kryptic
And I am saying the tree does make noise, as well as eyes are real. it doesn't matter what form of question you have, I answered it logically and reasonably, it's not something to ponder if it doesn't require intellectual capacity to derive an accurate answer that would otherwise suffice in any other predicament, he is no exception.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
I understand. This is like the question, 'if a tree falls but no one is around to hear it fall, does the tree make a noise?'. He's not saying eyes don't exist, but in a hypothetical case when no one has any eyes.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you make even less sense now
Posted by Kryptic 1 year ago
Kryptic
Nope, and EVEN if I did, you failed to ask it properly
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you failed to understand the question
Posted by Kryptic 1 year ago
Kryptic
Perhaps you are right slender haha, please upvote me though, I couldn't imagine losing this debate, I mean wtf HAHAHAHAHA
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
how so
Posted by SlenderKitty 1 year ago
SlenderKitty
Don't even bother, Kryptic. vi_spex has the most twisted sense of logic ever. Just look at these debates with him (one of which is mine).

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...
Vote Placed by Preston 1 year ago
Preston
vi_spexKrypticTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro proved nothing