vi_spex
Commondebator

cause+(and)effect=(is)logic

Commondebator

vi_spex

Pro

cause+(and)effect=(is)logic
eat a poisonous mushroom and try to think the effect away, and i guess you can reason about this and conclude that is a bad idea based on the logic that is the mushroom is not healthy for you, logic is the Measurement of resonable, i know logic therfore i know i am resonable, in not eating the poisonous mushroom, fx

there is no logic in fantasy, and i write this message to you while hovering across the grey cratered surface of the moon while typing on my floating keyboard and screen with a big smurky smileA279;
Commondebator

Con

Definition of logic: A proper or reasonable way of thinking about or understanding something (1)

While it may be true that cause and effect often leads to logical thinking, cause and effect itself is not logic. Cause and effect can be defined as reality or existence, however the idea of cause and effect is not limited to living beings who are even capable of logic in the first place.

Example:

Cause: Rock falls off a cliff
Effect: The rock breaks

In this viable example of cause and effect, it is clear that logic is not applied. The rock is not even capable of logic, therefore cause and effect has absolutly nothing to do with logic.

Even a living being may choose not to apply logic even after the consequence of cause and effect.

Example:

Cause: A human capable of logic falls off a cliff
Effect: The human breaks, however chooses to fall off a cliff yet again

In this viable example of cause and effect, the human who is capable of logic, choooses not to apply logic.

Thank you for your time.

1.http://www.merriam-webster.com...;
vi_spex

Pro

there is no logic in thought, not in the way i guess you think there is, logic is matter

but thought causes emotion, so emotion is the effect of thouht, is also logic

the poisonous mushroom is matter, the effect on your body if you eat it, is matter, you can reason about this

reason is the concept/simulation of logic
logic+experience=reason

logic IS, cause and effect, cause is the rock Falling and the rock breaking is the effect. it might have been you throwing it and then it breaks, cause and effect.
Commondebator

Con

Logic is a way of thinking in a reasonable way. Logic may be a product of a cause and effect situation, however the cause and effect situation itself is not logic.

Let's use my opponent's argument as a rebuttal.

Example:

Cause: Human eats poisonous mushroom
Effect: Human gets sick and as a result, chooses not to eat the mushroom

The human in this example has applied logic as a product of the cause and effect. However, keep in mind that logic is what happened after the cause and effect situation. Logic was merely applied due to choice, not due to the cause and effect situtation.

Logic is not cause and effect, however a product of cause and effect from a choice.
vi_spex

Pro

you dont have to eat a poisonous mushroom to be able to reason that its a bad idea

you choose not to eat the poisonous mushroom because of the cause and effect relation, if the mushroom was suddenly not poisonous but gave you super powers you would eat them, and it would be resonable, if you want superpowers

logic is the Measurement of resonable, it is resonable to not eat the mushroom, based on the logic that IS the mushroom is poisonous to you, it might be fine for a bear, and then it would be resonable for the bear to eat it
Commondebator

Con

To refute my opponent's arguments, it is true you chose to not eat the mushroom because of the cause and effect relation. This is why, logic is not cause and effect itself. Rather, logic is the product from the cause and effect relation, and the person has the choice to use the logic or not.

When it comes to cause and effect, logic itself is clearly not cause and effect, rather it is choice to apply the logic from the cause and effect relation.
vi_spex

Pro

reason is the simulation of logic

logic+experience=reason

a 1 year old dosnt know the dangers of eating the mushroom and could eat it not knowing, as it dosnt have enough experience of logic
Commondebator

Con

No, logic is the ability to reason. My opponent is mixing up the definitions. A one year old does not have any experience, however logic never existed for him in the first place. He could not have the ability to reason because never could reason without knowing the mushroom's poisonous effects.
vi_spex

Pro

to prove that just disprove an example of logic.. instead of asserting it, no rounds left

you do not have to eat a poisonous mushroom to know its a bad idea

you do not have to pick up every individual knife that exist to know a knife can hurt you
Commondebator

Con

I believe that my opponent attempts to imply that since a person can derive logic from a cause and effect situation, cause and effect itself is logic. This is clearly falls, and I have disproved my opponent's arguments simply because logic is derived from cause and effect.

Good day
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
there is no logic in fantasy, go back and read...
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
but can you argue with it :)
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Commondebator
I hate you now, you made me spill juice while laughing
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Commondebator
this is beyond hilarious
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
my stupidity is my teacher, and my intelligence is me as the educated student of stupid
Posted by Hello1647583 1 year ago
Hello1647583
Stupidity is an Ended comment.
Posted by bossyburrito 1 year ago
bossyburrito
I'm so tempted...
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
vi_spexCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's arguments were all over the debate, and while neither side were really clear with their arguments, it was pro's burden of proof to try to affirm the resolution, which he failed to do