maxigirl
Naweedyosofi

cell phones in school

Naweedyosofi

maxigirl

Pro

I think that phones should be allowed for many reasons but one is that I live in New York City and some of my friends live in big cities also. So my point? Well most of us have to take a bus to high school and or any other school. And not a school bus, public transport- Subway, bus, taxi. Some kids in my school like in Manhattan which means there are some unsafe neighborhoods. My sister who is now in college, when we lived in Manhattan she almost got jumped a few times. Luckily we have some spare money and we were able to have phones and if she hadn't been able to call the police she may have been jumped. my point really is in New York City you never know what's behind the next corner. we have to pay a dollar each day at my school to put in a truck. I feel it's unsafe knowing you don't know where that truck goes or what might happen to it during the day. also for 265 days or so let's say you bring your phone to school every day. That's $365 right there just because the school doesn't want phones on school grounds. We also have metal detectors at school so you can't even try to sneak a phone in.
Naweedyosofi

Con

I accept the challenge..
maxigirl

Pro

maxigirl forfeited this round.
Naweedyosofi

Con

OoooPpppppssss!

she has not started, i hope she comes and we start the debate;
maxigirl

Pro

I also think that they should be allowed because if there is an emergency you can contact parents or authorities. I was in school once and there was a fire and a kid called 911 and was able to get them there because our connection to the fire house was down. Because that kid was able to have his cell phone he was able to save us and our school from a fire.
Naweedyosofi

Con

Thanks to the pro, which has given her personal idea about the topic, although there were no reference and any other supporting point, therefore i would like to take rebuttals first, then i would post my supporting points as a con;

Rebuttals:

"Quote"
"I also think that they should be allowed because if there is an emergency you can contact parents or authorities. I was in school once and there was a fire and a kid called 911 and was able to get them there because our connection to the fire house was down. Because that kid was able to have his cell phone he was able to save us and our school from a fire."
"Unquote"
-Pro has mentioned only one example by which she supported the topic, that mobile phones should be allowed, which is somehow logical point, although only one example can not make the whole topic.
Phones are the ease of contact but the parents can reach to their children through their advisory, school principle, but they can not destruct the class calling their child to talk to them.
Mobile phones can totally destruct the class and it would decrease the interest of kids for studying.

Mobile phones should be banned, because the disadvantages are more than advantages;

1. Mobile phones are destruction to the class.
2. Mobile phones are destructing the educational system.
3. Mobile Phones are used only for entertainment during school and this would decrease the interest of kids for studying.
4. Mobile phones are used to watch immoral videos/porn videos, and there hence the pornography would increase.
5. Mobile phones are used as cheating tools.

Furthermore, giving more details about the mobile phones should be banned; i would like to give a live example;
When i was studying in school, i met a friend who had a mobile phone which was the latest model, and sometimes he used to bring it in school, one day he was caught up at the end of the class while he was busy and he was not looking relaxed, the teacher got him and he was so afraid, the teacher asked him to explain why he brought the mobile in school, and if he brought, why did he bring it in the class, even though he brought in the class, why were he busy? our friend's face was turning red and he was not able to see to the eyes of the teacher. Suddenly the teacher asked him; what were you busy with? he was badly afraid and he didn't say the reality, and the teacher asked my other friends to search his mobile, and OMG it was shocking! because he was watching porn videos inside the class! and the boy was failed!
Concluding my live example, i would say; mobile phones should be banned in school, because;

a. It is misdirecting kids to bad ways of using it.
b. It makes the kid far from studies.
c. It disturb the class.
d. It causes failure of the students.
e. It destruct the educational system.

Further i would like to mention one more thing;
Mobile phones are more harmful in school than its advantages!
maxigirl

Pro

maxigirl forfeited this round.
Naweedyosofi

Con

As per the rule, forfeit is direct loss.

and pro did it for the second time!
Posted by Naweedyosofi 1 year ago
Naweedyosofi
hahaha @rethaluious even that was amazing for me too XD
in fact i love to make my friends confused! lol
That is my debating skills ;)
BTW i am in the favor of banning mobile phones in school! xD
Posted by rethaluious 1 year ago
rethaluious
@Naweedyosofi I'm surprised that you had this topic in two different debates defending two different positions and, you won both. So now I can't figure out if you're really against banning phones from the school grounds or not. XD
Posted by Bahamute619 1 year ago
Bahamute619
Phones as a distraction in class should be banned, but the school should not have a legal right to take away a phone, let alone ban from the grounds, if the phone is unexposed. I would have argued about the issue of the metal detector.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
maxigirlNaweedyosofiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture