someone123456789
x2MuzioPlayer

chess sucks

x2MuzioPlayer

someone123456789

Con

However stimulatory chess may be, and I do forcuncuate that it is a brilliant game, it is not practical. Have you ever sat down with a friend and say, "Hey! We have a couple minutes, lets play some chess! I'll be white!" Despite the racial puns that could be inserted, chess is not practical unless you have a lot of time and the skill to do so. I am a novice at chess, my rear is pulinificated every time I play somebody, but most of the time we just get bored and play some football. So although chess is fortucerebellius, it is not the best game in the world.
x2MuzioPlayer

Pro

Short and sweet:

1. "Chess" obviously refers to the act of playing the sport and clearly the definition of "suck" should be interpreted as "to draw nourishment" [3]. What could be more stimulating than a good game of chess? It's nearly infinite potential and abstract foundation is a perfect blend to create an intellectual atmosphere capable of nourishing the analytical mind.

2. Plagiarism -> [1] [2]. Checkmate.

That was quite intellectually stimulating. Now, back to bullet chess.

[1] http://roosterteeth.com...
[2] http://rtxevent.com...
[3] http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
someone123456789

Con

i think its pretty pointless when someone thinks they are so much better than everyone else, literately anyway. So he starts a thread that will attract attention - even if its a small amount just to piss someone off and get some attention. Then he can feel all big when they can't understand his jargon when he bitches at the practicality of a game when his own literal talents are quite unpractical in a forum such as this. Chess is a game of Kings, ever heard that one? Kinda uplifting it from the retards from society if you suck at it learn, its a really easy game so stop crying!

And games can last for hours, or 10 mins, its skill dependant on both sides.
x2MuzioPlayer

Pro

Such an astute response, if only Con had the heart to use his own words (BmFPyccy's response: [2]). Hm, normally checkmate ends the match, but it looks like Con wishes to take back his pieces and place tham all over the board. It's quite apparent, though, that I still hold his King. Con didn't even attempt to argue how chess doesn't nourish our analytical side, so it looks like the resolution is affirmed: "chess sucks."

Well, I've got lots of space left, so here's a picture of a cat playing chess:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

And here's a picture of a dog playing chess:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

All this talk about chess makes me want to play some G/5 blitz. Ciao DDO, for now.
someone123456789

Con

someone123456789 forfeited this round.
x2MuzioPlayer

Pro

Looks like my opponent has lost on time. Wait, can you be clocked if you already lost your King? I don't know, do I really need to extend my arguments? Meh, here's one – if not the – greatest chess games in recorded history:

http://www.chessgames.com...
someone123456789

Con

chess suck cause you play the same game 100 times who would not think its dumb? i would rather play with dolls than that dumb old boring game
x2MuzioPlayer

Pro

Ah, my opponent finally decides to deviate from the book and uses his own words. A little late, though, considering he's already been clocked on time.

"chess suck cause you play the same game 100 times who would not think its dumb?"

Eight million registered chess players readily disagree. [4] Also, as you can see from my last round photos, chess is a game of such quality it taught dogs and cats to think critically. It's quite obvious these animals are in deep concentration over their games. That's right, chess is so analytically nourishing it unites and teaches animals to enhance their spatial and temporal skills.

"i would rather play with dolls than that dumb old boring game"

Well, at least Con got it right that chess has quite a history, dating back to the Indian Gupta Empire. Other than that, I'll let Karpov sum it up: "Chess is everything: art, science, and sport." Larsen considered chess a beautiful mistress. I'll let y'all decide on which you prefer.

Now, I just can't resist posting another chess game. Let Fischer's brilliance shine again:

http://www.chessgames.com...

Again, the resolution is affirmed: chess does indeed suck.

[4] http://www.chessmaniac.com...;
someone123456789

Con

Chess is not important. why no doing something fun like surfing online or playing tag. p.s if my opponent is fat she should go play some sports
x2MuzioPlayer

Pro

Wait, I'm not a girl... last time I checked. *looks down* Phew... you scared me a bit there for a moment, Con.

Now, Con has so graciously expanded on his earlier arguments by saying we should play sports. I agree, and GM Kasparov agrees, we should play sports. That is why, after I send this, I'm going to go play the great sport of chess.

I don't know, voters, you can pick on a lot of stuff to vote for here: Con was checkmated, clocked on time, and outplayed.

Ladies and gentlemen, let the resolution be affirmed: chess sucks.
Posted by x2MuzioPlayer 3 years ago
x2MuzioPlayer
@AlbinoBunny- If you go by the standard definition of "sucks", then yeah.
Posted by AlbinoBunny 3 years ago
AlbinoBunny
So "Pro" is actually "Con" to the assertion "chess sucks"?
Posted by someone123456789 3 years ago
someone123456789
go and chess both sucks all right
Posted by x2MuzioPlayer 3 years ago
x2MuzioPlayer
@Bullish- I'd argue that the reason computers haven't "solved" go is more from the fact that it hasn't gotten worldwide recognition in the way chess did in the 1900s. Just give it some years of bashing by computer engines like chess went through and go will be killed as well.

I'm up for the challenge (^_^). Nobody plays go, which is a shame.
Posted by Bullish 3 years ago
Bullish
Go's simplicity is exactly what makes it so cool. Despite having only one kind of piece, Go has never been beat by the computer.

I challenge you to a game of Go sometime :) It's hard to find anyone who has ever even heard of it here in the U.S.
Posted by x2MuzioPlayer 3 years ago
x2MuzioPlayer
@Bullish- Go and chess are difficult to compare. The rules are different and the defining strategies are different. They're really two sides of the same coin, except go has a larger board, which chess makes up for with different pieces of varying relative importance.
Posted by Bullish 3 years ago
Bullish
Go is a much better game than Chess.
Vote Placed by AlbinoBunny 3 years ago
AlbinoBunny
someone123456789x2MuzioPlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't think Chess sucks, and still don't. Con swore, and forfeited a round. A lot of Con's words were gibberish, his grammar was poor, and I couldn't always understand what Con was saying. Con provided poor arguments and Pro provided sufficient ones. Pro provided good sources, all relevant, and even the sources which Con plagiarised. All categories go to Pro.
Vote Placed by Bullish 3 years ago
Bullish
someone123456789x2MuzioPlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. And cussing. And calling names.