chick-fil-a is the best restaurant there is

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Chick-Fil-A is not the best restaurant there is. Look at it it's only located in 32 of the states in the United States; whereas the better restaurants such as Burger King and Mcdonalds are located in over 50 countries, yeah countries. Why would they have more locations if they weren't better? Also when you go look at Zagat fast food survey Chick-fil-a is ranked fourth in the large chains. But that isn't comparing it to the mega restaurants though. That is only comparing to other large ones. How would it even be ranked fourth if it was the absolute best? You can look at the zagat survey at:

The reason there are fewer Chick Fil A(s) and more burger kings, etc, is because it's easier to throw frozen food and fill it up with grease than it is to put quality time and work into your food. Chick Fil A has more crispier chicken, yet it's not filled with grease. Everyonce in awhile I am forced to eat McDonalds and sometimes part of the chicken is not fully cooked, I have experienced this many times, yet I haven't expierenced this once at Chick Fil A.

that may be, but what we are arguing is if it is better. If there are more Mcdonalds and BK's then people were buying more from them then they were chick fil a. Think about it if Burger King was worse than Chick Fil A more people would go to Chick Fil A. Then when more people went to Chick Fil A. Burger King wouldn't sell as much. And Chick Fil A would be the one located in multiple countries.But as it is the other way around, more people like BK, BK is bigger.

BK is acronym for Burger King

My opponent believes since there are more burger kings and McDonald's therefore meaning they are better? Just because there is more of something doesn't mean it's better. For example if there was extremely old house that was infested with rats and a family lived there. (30 rats and 4 people) does that mean rats are better than humans? No.
My Argument:
Chick Fil A is not a international restaurant for various reasons.. First they are a Christian company, so most countries that don't have freedom of religion, don't want Christianity businesses or symbols influencing their country to become or learn about Christianity.
Second, Chick Fil A is a quality restaurant, they are normally always bigger than a McDonald's or Burger King and they always have a inside playground. Which takes up land area, but a McDonald's or Burger King just needs a drive thru and a place to order and cook it inside and if they have extra space then they start to build playgrounds etc..
Third, Chick Fil A spends more time into their cooking and frying. A french fry (just one) is ten times the size of one McDonald's fry. Therefore it would take longer to cook. Their chicken is also fried longer than a McDonald's nugget, because Chick Fil A frys it until they are crispy and might I add delicious :)
I await your response.

I am going to do my rebuttal then my voters.

My opponent didn't really argue for her case. She only argued that Chick-Fil-A fried while Mcdonalds didn't, who says some people don't prefer pre-cooked?

My opponent was saying that they aren't international because of the problem of freedom of religion. Well they are only in 37 of 51 states. And Mcdonalds and BK are in all of those states.

I don't know what the significance of rats in an old house with a small family has to do with this debate so i am not going to attempt at that.

And finally my opponent mentioned something about the size of Chick-Fil-A I would first like to point out that not all Chick-Fil-A's are larger. Also what does that have to do with it being better. What if some single guy who is the head of a large company wants to run in and grab him something to eat but he has to walk all that way just to get it, do you think he thinks its better to run in there or go to Mcdonalds over here with their quick drive thru?

First I think you should vote for me because my opponent never gave me a case. Therefore her case falls and only mine is standing.

Second none of her arguments were good as I have shown you in my rebuttal.

Third Chick-Fil-A is not the best Wendy's is.

That is all. Have a great day.

-I would like to address my opponent's mistaken remark, "She only argued that Chick-Fil-A fried while McDonald's didn't.."
I clearly pointed out that Chick Fil A fries their chicken until it's crisp, there is a difference.
-My opponent also misunderstood the fact that I listed many reasons why Chick Fil A was not a international company. My opponent also doesn't understand the fact that Chick Fil A is a Christian company, while McDonald's and such have not made a standing point in religion or enough to affect how their business is ran, like how Chick Fil A closes on Sunday.
- Also since my opponent needs me to inform him that Chick Fil A is not a mansion restaurant, it's reasonable size for a good amount of people to come and eat at their fast food restaurant. Of course, it is bigger than burger king and land space is an issue in this world, therefore it would be much easier to plop down a ok fast food restaurant that was small in the middle of New York City than a good quality fast food restaurant that is rather larger than most.
-Last but not least my opponent is not good examining my case well because I did give him a case.. it says, "My Argument", my opponent is the one who forgot to jot down his case.
My Argument:
Chick Fil A is better than Burger King and etc.. because it's a more educational/child friendly restaurant. McDonald's gives happy meals and small plastic toys a child will most likely only play with for a maximum for an hour. On the other hand Chick Fil A hands out small books, c.d.s, and etc. They are all educational for little kids, like the short version of Wizard Of Oz or Veggie Tales.
Chick Fil A is also a better environment, I have never seen a gang hang out in a Chick Fil A parking lot but I have seen gangs in Burger King, Taco Bell and even America's so called child friendly McDonald's.
I await your conclusion opponent.

Hesperethusa forfeited this round.

MissPiggy forfeited this round.
Posted by Hesperethusa 5 years ago
i did not mean to forfeit i was celebrating my birthday and forgot about this debate.
Posted by DHDebate 5 years ago
Yeah, they're two of my freshman debaters this year.
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
DHDebate, I take it you know the debaters in real life and are teaching them how to debate?
Posted by DHDebate 5 years ago
Great arguments from both sides guys :-D
This is going to be a close round.
Posted by jesusfreek 5 years ago
might i add that misspiggy is entirely correct and a great debater.
Vote Placed by drafterman 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: An extremely confusing debate. The only really relevant fact was the reference to the Zagat in Round 1, which was never refuted. The argument wasn't that Chick-Fil-A was better than other specific restaurants, but the best. Since no criteria for "best" was supplied, those in the Zagat guide take precedence.
Vote Placed by Mikeee 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision:
Vote Placed by jesusfreek 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: better argument