lifesaglitch911
kkjnay

child molestation should result in life in prison or the death penalty

kkjnay

lifesaglitch911

Pro

first of all, I would like to thank my opponent for accepting my debate.

first of all child molestation is taken to lightly. By molesting a child you have basically stripped them of there life. So in my opinion you should also be stripped of yours(no pun intended)
kkjnay

Con

The death penalty is generally an eye for an eye. If you kill someone, than you are qualified to be killed. Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in adults or late adolescents (persons age 16 or older) typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children (generally age 13 years or younger). A pedophile cannot change their attraction to children. I am not glorifying Pedophilia either, they should control themselves. Their punishment should be a mental hospital
lifesaglitch911

Pro

You've got to be kidding me right, a mental hospital!!! cmon, what if you were that Childs parents who was molested. I bet you wouldn't want that pedophile to go to a mental institution. Also how you were saying the death penalty is an eye for an eye punishment. I believe that murder is not always evil. IE. if a man came home to find his wife sleeping with another man, and lost his temper and shot the man, it would be wrong, but not evil. On the other hand. Child molestation is always evil
kkjnay

Con

Your argument is an 'Appeal to emotion' logical fallacy. I'm sure the parents would want him or her to be incarcerated so he could not do this to anyone else, and punished. Both of which a mental hospital does. Second, one of the things mental hospitals CAN do very well, is rehabilitate people. If he could be rehabilitated, why shouldn't he be? The death penalty is only for people who have killed, and are beyond rehabilitation. Thus should not be used on a mentally ill person, who hasn't killed.
Posted by lifesaglitch911 5 years ago
lifesaglitch911
So I guess ghandi is some type of genius ???
Posted by XiaoFei98 5 years ago
XiaoFei98
I personally Pro has a good point. Congrats to Con, but people who molest their kids may be beyond rehabilitation. Many people do it just because they're violent. When people kill others, they normally go to prison, not a mental ward and people who molest their kids should be under the same punishment. I think this deserved more than two rounds.
Posted by PatCam 5 years ago
PatCam
An eye for an eye and the world turns blind. -Gandhi.
Posted by GrizzlyAdamz 5 years ago
GrizzlyAdamz
What's with people and character limits...
Posted by kkjnay 5 years ago
kkjnay
Thanks, Double_R. Had I realized that it was a 500 character limit, I wouldn't have accepted. However, I did get my main point across, and had enough space to make a rebuttal. It was a fun five minute debate. Thanks, lifesaglitch911.
Posted by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
lifesaglitch, people are not as crazy as you think. Part of what is great about debating is that you can understand why people believe what they do. You can not accomplish this with a 1000 character max debate.
Posted by kkjnay 5 years ago
kkjnay
For voters, please acknowledge there was a 500 character limit for the arguments.
Posted by kkjnay 5 years ago
kkjnay
It's limited so I can't even write one paragraph. Lol.
Posted by lifesaglitch911 5 years ago
lifesaglitch911
You never know there's some crazy people out there
Posted by Crede 5 years ago
Crede
Good luck trying to find a Con.
Vote Placed by Crede 5 years ago
Crede
lifesaglitch911kkjnayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro you could have very possibly won if you didn't shoot yourself in the foot during the debate setup page. Also appeal to emotions don't really work in debates. The only good thing is because the debate is so short you will probably get a lot of votes because people can read it a minute.
Vote Placed by seraine 5 years ago
seraine
lifesaglitch911kkjnayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's entire case was basically an appeal to emotion.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
lifesaglitch911kkjnayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Note to lifeasglitch911: all debates are welcome to all views, but not to any kind of disparagement of such views... In addition, lifesaglitch provided no arguments other an appeal to emotion for the parents. SG is obvious.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
lifesaglitch911kkjnayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con is right. Pro appealed to emotion and did not backup his statements with concrete facts. The rounds were too short and did not have adequate space to cite facts. An interesting topic like this requires more detailed consideration. I also find it humorous that my RFD is probably longer than the arguments.
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
lifesaglitch911kkjnayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro presented no valid argument while Con presented a short but adequate rebuttal. Arguments were clearly better stated by Con. SG is obvious.