jamie12
Juris

child pagaents can be harmful.

Started: 10/9/2013 Category: Fashion

jamie12

Con

Toddlers are made to dress up to look to old for their age. with all that hairspray and fake tans. fake hair pieces and slutty elfits and dance routines. Why is this concidered appproiate to many people. Not only is it huring them emotionally it is harmful for their health. I think it would be more approprate if they didnt use fake tans, fake hair, to much hairspray, slutty elfits and stuff like that and look more natual because at that age they dont need that kind of stuff.
Juris

Pro

The debate is simple- I just need to prove that child pageants can be harmful.

I would no longer refute the arguments presented by my opponent, because honestly, I didn’t understand what he was fighting for.

However, I am compelled to give my reasons for the sake of everyone and in this debate(?)

Child pageants cause physical harm to the participants. When a child uses make-up and the like, it causes damage to his skin. Unlike adult skin, the skin of a child is more sensitive to chemical products. Hence, exposing her to beauty products at that early age is potentially harmful.

Furthermore, it encourages them to have perfect body which also has potential danger. Thinking like a super model, they want to have a body like their idols, and this forces them to go on a crash diet which is dangerous to their health because of the lack of nutritional foods in that form of diet, which also might stun their growth and lead to eating disorder.

jamie12

Con

jamie12 forfeited this round.
jamie12

Con

jamie12 forfeited this round.
Juris

Pro

There should be a remedy in case debaters would forfeit
jamie12

Con

jamie12 forfeited this round.
Juris

Pro

Juris forfeited this round.
Posted by thejosborne35 3 years ago
thejosborne35
You know what else could be harmful? Not using Kentucky coal! #coalswag #bbn #merica
Posted by mendicant0 3 years ago
mendicant0
This debate topic is impossible to disprove. It says "child Pagaents CAN be harmful." It'd be near impossible to prove that there is no conceivable way for Pagaents to hurt kids. I'd suggest rewording this.