NBHUWSEDFUNBH
whatledge

children with strict parents acheive greater success in life

whatledge

NBHUWSEDFUNBH

Con

Childhood is the bless of god to us. I think we should accept this gift .

I would like to start with the words of Ethiopia ,"If you can't hold a child in your hand hold it in your heart".....

If you are too protective to your child he or she may get an reward of discipline but that discipline will destroy the child's future if it is felt unbearable to him/her.....................
such children think that the only way to get out of a problem is to tell a lie
ONE LIE AFTER THE OTHER ,ONE LIE AFTER THE OTHER
AND HERE WE HAVE GOT AN EXCELLENT LIAR...........this is not said by me but by the british journalist John Farnsworth. Such children are weak from their heart to face any problem and will never raise their voice against any injustice.

finally I ask pro a question if strict parenting is right then don't you think dictatorship is better than democracy
whatledge

Pro

Strict parenting does not necesarily mean that a child may be destroyed by discipline. Overly strict, militant parents may do this to their child, but this is not a universal case.

Non-sequitor. Kids without strict parents lie too... in fact, all human beings lie.

That's all the more of a reason that we need to teach kids what is right and wrong, and punish them when they do wrong, reward them when they do right. I don't see how this helps Con's argument in any case.

Strict parenting isn't equivalent to dictatorship. Even within democracy, we have laws in place that are upheld strictly. I don't see what Con's argument here is either. This is just a gross simplification.

Counter arguments:

A healthy amount of strictness can do children a lot of good, especially when the child does not know better. This is why we teach kids not to talk to strangers, give them a curfew, and etc. It is to protect them and to protect their best interests. Children often do not have the incentive to clean their rooms, go to bed/wake up early, study and do homework on their own, heck they don't have that incentive even when parents are yelling at them! My point is that a healthy amount of strictness and discipline is better than a parent with no rules.

According to a study done by Princeton, children with "strict" parents did better than other children. The context of this study was that in impoverished African-American communities, "strict" parents that kept vigilant eyes on their children's friends and activities were more sucessful parents, and thus had more sucessful children that excelled at school (due to proper parenting and disciplined lessons).

[1]https://www.princeton.edu...

There are of course other arguments, but as this is a 5 round debate, I will take my time and see what my opponent has to say.
NBHUWSEDFUNBH

Con

see children should love their parents and parents on the other hand should talk to them politely with love and affection

childrens are like flowers excess of water(too protective parents can destroy them )

and who told that all humans lie ,we have many people who don't lie ........................... people lie when they think that their is no way to get out of a problem

and " 1 thing I want to tell you that am not talking that parents should neglect their child,but they should guide them without being strict" as said by the pakistani newspaper the pakistan times

I
whatledge

Pro

This can happen with strict parents. In fact, it could even be argued that parents are only strict with their kids because they love their kids and want them to suceed.

I agree, but this argument works both ways. A flower unwatered at all dies.

This statement is completely irrelevant to the debate, but I will reply nonetheless, as I honestly don't think I have met a person that have not told a single lie. It is just statistically speaking, chances are you will end up lying (even if unintentionally) throughout your life. Even a "little white lie" like telling your woman she does not look fat in a dress, etc.

That's fine, but the purpose of my argument is that a healthy amount of strictness and discipline will do a child more good than a parent that just let's their child do whatever. Children do not just follow guidance if you cannot enforce your guidance upon them. For example, a pre-school teacher may have trouble teaching students by just trying to "guide them" without any sort of discipline or strictness.

I don't see a need to add more arguments, as my previous ones remain unrefuted.
NBHUWSEDFUNBH

Con

NBHUWSEDFUNBH forfeited this round.
whatledge

Pro

I rest my case.
NBHUWSEDFUNBH

Con

NBHUWSEDFUNBH forfeited this round.
NBHUWSEDFUNBH

Con

NBHUWSEDFUNBH forfeited this round.
Posted by In_a_Perfect_World 3 years ago
In_a_Perfect_World
I agree with the pro side. I am a military brat and i must say my parents are very strict. However, this worst thing i've ever done is possibly stay up later than i should. Where as other teenagers my age who do not have such discipline or strictness in their homes may be doing worse things than I. Thats only my opinion however.
Posted by Haidarali 3 years ago
Haidarali
This ain't good . It's unfair for the child . As the PRIME MINISTER'S are mostly from rich families and therefore rich families are mostly soft spoken with their child .
Posted by Aleksandr 3 years ago
Aleksandr
The contender seems to mentally side a more......... welfare child hood.

I have experienced in my own case in primary school : a loving family that granted a smart notable class student

I do not mean this to the majority.

I have seen only a few friends like this and some of my cousins.

The argument would be: (Too lazy to think of a smarter vs)

A more successful but strict and tight life vs a less successfully but a more satisfying and free life

The conclusion is some metaphorical question.

It really depends on the child's future decisions.

You make a pretty good business even without all the university education. Make a small business and grow to a limit where you'll likely be nice.

SO, You don't need all the strictness to archive a successful life but you sometimes want a more successful life which MAY need a strict parent.

But I like to stay in the area within where I'm connected with the internet with social people and gaming. My life is to be more enjoyable. I am planning to employ as a game tester. Because I am a medium high league gamer who is not as stupid and brainless as some people. wait, why did I type all this.

Well, I like to express things on the internet.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
NBHUWSEDFUNBHwhatledgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's unfounded nonsense was met with a strong rebuttal, from Pro, at every point -- arguments to Pro. Conduct to Pro too, for Con's forfeits. I'm giving 1/2 points for sources to Pro (in the form of s&g points), because whilst the source was good, it wasn't enough for full source points.