lord_megatron
Varto

christanity (pro) or christianity (con)

lord_megatron

Pro

The other spelling is easier to write, pronounce and remember. We must officially change the spelling to christanity rather than christianity.
Varto

Con

Yes it is more easy to spell but you can change somthing of this scale for the whole world.But i dont belive that becouse its easier to spell it needs a change.Its been spelled christianity since the beginning of this religion.Also its been writen in many books christianity and you cant change whats writen in books and it will bring more confusion to people.
lord_megatron

Pro

Regardless of its difficulty, there are many alternate spellings to the same word. One example is defense and defence. Us english and Britain english seems to be at war.
Since we can't remove the spelling for it is already printed, we can host an alternate spelling. Even con concedes it is easier to spell.
Varto

Con

Defense and defence are spelled diffrently not becouse one is easier than the othe but becouse of the diffrent regions US and UK.Also from what i understand you want not two diffrent spellings like christianity and christanity or Defense and defence nut you want to make it soo the only only word is christanity wich really is impossible youd have to change all the books and all the internet articles that include christianity wich is impossible.
lord_megatron

Pro

First of all, look at your spelling. I should get a point for my nearly infallible grammar.
Second, people is the US use defence also, and people in the UK use defense. Both spellings are accepted nearly everywhere. Same with chirstanity and christianity. Lets say that US english can keep christianity, and UK will have christanity. I don't want to make it the only word as it is not possible, moreover the resolution is that which spelling is better "christanity or christianity" Con hasn't shown as to why christianity is a better spelling and should be the only spelling, nor rebutted my claim that it is easier to pronounce. Officially changing the spelling can happen in the UK dialect, and most dictionaries don't have the word ain't but people still use it. Same should happen with my new spelling.
Varto

Con

"The other spelling is easier to write, pronounce and remember. We must officially change the spelling to christanity rather than christianity."You never stated in your original argument that you want to keep christianity.
My argument was that its not possible to make it the only word.
" I don't want to make it the only word as it is not possible."Here we see pro agreed with me on that.
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: KeyserSoze115// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments), 1 point to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Con is right

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD, just a statement of the voter's approval for one side.
************************************************************************