vi_spex
smithn421

christianity is not a religion

smithn421 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

vi_spex

Pro

christianity=agreement with insanity

its true that the christian god created everything, if you are insane.
smithn421

Con

Okay. First of all, I ask my opponent to clarify his debate. I do not understand what he means when he says "Christianity is not a religion". Religion is defined by Meriam-Webster Dictionary as "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods". Since Christianity is based on the idea of a God at its principles, the debate seems illogical. Maybe my opponent means whether Christianity is logical?

Second, I will establish a few rules for this debate.
1) NO Personal Attacks. I expect this to be a logical and constructed debate between two mature people, and if that is not the case I will not waste my time on it. No exceptions.
2) All claims must be supported with evidence. This is simply to prevent ridiculously claiming without solid evidence.
3) Respect your opponent. This goes back to the personal attacks. I will respect you, and your views; I expect you to do the same. Note: This does not mean that you cannot dissect the viewpoints expressed, but since this is a debate about religion you must respect them.

I'm interested to hear what my opponent has to say, and wish him/her the best of luck.
vi_spex

Pro

surely one can be insane
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i mean just like, the christian god created everything if you believe it
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
the christian god is true if you believe it
Posted by ApatheticVV 1 year ago
ApatheticVV
Christianity is a religion.

The exact definition of Religion is "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."

For Christianity, their God's name would be called "God" or "Jesus Christ".

In conclusion, yes, it is a religion by definition.
Posted by smithn421 1 year ago
smithn421
usawineverytime: please refer to my round one debate. Christianity falls under the definition of religion and is widely accepted as one. I disagree with your use of the word "philosophy", as a philosophy is a way of life, while a religion includes believing in a greater power.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
huh
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
huh
Posted by usawinseverytime 1 year ago
usawinseverytime
Unfortunately the instigator is right, Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is more of a broad philosophy that Christ is our lord and savior. However, there is no such thing as a Christian religion by itself. Rather, there are Catholics, Lutheran, mormons, etc. All of those are religions that follow the Christian philosophy. So technically the instigator is right without even knowing it.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
there is no challenge, this is simply the case
Posted by smithn421 1 year ago
smithn421
Vi_spex:
I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you were confused about debate. However, your one-line response is rude and lazy. Congratulations, you "won". I won't waste time constructing a debate if I don't have a logical argument to compete against.

Some advice; if you want to enjoy this site, take it seriously. A debate like that will result in nobody wanting to challenge you.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
or simply if you have absolutly no debating skills