steven8
marzio5

cigars vs cigarettes

steven8

Pro

if you're one of those anti-smoking nuts then don't bother participating this debate is for smokers only.

I vote for cigars over cigarettes. Cigar smokers are healthier than cigarette smokers and cigars also taste better. The Cigar is about the experience while the cigarette is habit forming and people quickly become addicted, so they only focus on getting a nicotine fix while cigar smokers take their time to enjoy and relax.
marzio5

Con

we shouldn't smoke either of them. it is bad for you body because it is not good for your lungs or your blood cells. if you want to have bad breathing than that's your fault.
steven8

Pro

I said if this debate is only for smokers. You obviously do not know anything about this subject except the uniformed bias you have been taught by the anti-smoking nuts, and yet they're the same people who support smoking cannabis. This debate is only for smokers.
marzio5

Con

marzio5 forfeited this round.
steven8

Pro

Here is the problem with our anti smoking culture:

People really do not know anything about "smoking" people (specifically Americans) only know about addiction to smoking specifically addiction to smoking one or two packs of cigarettes a day until you get cancer. "smokers" in my opinion are not addicted due in part because they know how to smoke properly. I avoid cigarettes because cigarettes are not actually tobacco, the average cigarette only contains one gram of tobacco, plus to make matters worse the manufacturing process of cigarettes leaves behind a whopping four-thousand chemicals, and you smoke that every time you have a cigar. A cigar can contain up to seventy times as much tobacco as a cigarette but without the four-thousand chemicals, of course not all cigars are created equal but they are still healthier for you than cigarettes despite how much more tobacco cigars contain they are still better for you.

To add another point; cigar smokers typically do not inhale the smoke, they hold the smoke in their mouths. This means they are at much less risk of lung cancer because you are not inhaling, of course if you smoke cigars too much you could get oral cancer, however you can also get oral cancer from drinking too much alcohol. Cigars are definitely a much better choice than cigarettes. You're not really smoking tobacco when you smoke cigarettes, there is a tiny, tiny amount of tobacco mixed with thousands of chemicals.
marzio5

Con

I really don't care. All I know is that you shouldn't smoke AT ALL. it is bad for your lungs and blood cells. And don't think I'm stupid cause I know. I learned. I might only be in sixth grade, but I learned. but please just don't smoke whoever is seeing this.
Posted by steven8 1 year ago
steven8
Marzio5 you have no idea what you're talking about. I bet you have no problems with drinking but for some reason the very thought of smoking makes you go into a rage and tell people they will all die if you start smoking. Did you know that more people die from getting drunk each year than people who die from tobacco? you should not have joined this debate because you obviously cannot debate this subject. All you do is repeat what you have been told the anti-smoking crowd, you're only real argument is cancer... so what, do you know how many things can cause cancer in life. All you know is what you've been told and the only information you've been told is that tobacco will automatically kill you.

Do some actual research before you join debates like this, you only make yourself look ignorant.
Posted by steven8 1 year ago
steven8
Also... smoking is not the only cause of cancer. You may not get lung cancer but that doesn't mean women will not get breast cancer, and that doesn't mean men will not prostate cancer, testicular cancer or stomach cancer. Do people realize how stupid these arguments about cancer are? obviously not.
Posted by steven8 1 year ago
steven8
Not everyone who smokes gets cancer. My mother smoked a pack a day for 30 years and she has zero signs of cancer. People who started out smoking cigars and have never smoked cigarettes are much less likely to ever get cancer. I have been smoking smoking occasionally for over 2 years literally once every few months, I have no sign lung damage or any related diseases.

You are much more likely to die in a car accident or getting drunk before you die from tobacco. I wish people would actually do some research and inform themselves before using all these dumb arguments. Do you know that out of the 6 billion people on this planet, but only 5 million people die from tobacco each year and the majority of them were not young, they were older people who smoke 1 or 2 packs a day for 20 or 30 plus years. Alcohol is 144 times more dangerous than tobacco.
Posted by marzio5 1 year ago
marzio5
exactly if you smoke you get cancer and you sometimes die
Posted by Mailman 1 year ago
Mailman
Don't smoke, You get cancer.