cherik
geminthepoop

classical music is better than pop

Started: 5/28/2014 Category: Music

cherik

Pro

music can be expressed in many different ways, different genres make different feelings, however, classical music is the most emotional music there is, you can express yourself through an instrument, in pop music, how are you to express yourself in a computer. classical music is peaceful and provides hope, its calming and relaxing, it provides no controversial points like that of ke$ha, with, for example her song, tik tok, classical music allows an expression on an intimate level like that of dance as you can create the song pouring all feeling into one piece. you cannot produce such emotion out of a computer simulated sound
geminthepoop

Con

First I disagree with the core premise of your thesis. Before I begin, it is important to establish a few truths:
1) Better/Worse are relative words. What benefits one may harm another, and vice versa.
2) Conflicting opinions will prove above point. If a viewer votes for me and another votes for you, I have proven that it is completely useless to debate this topic, as what some may define as advantages to classical music, others will classify harms.
3) That puts into question the integrity of this debate; if we are to argue an arbitrary topic that not a single party emerges victorious from, it is all the more reason to reject the proposal on face value.
4) I as con need only to prove that pop music is worth as much as classical music in order to win. Your wording is, "classical music is better than pop." That means that, as con, I only need to disprove that statement.

I will address the heart of the matter in Round 2, but I will argue that expression is expressed differently.
cherik

Pro

cherik forfeited this round.
geminthepoop

Con

geminthepoop forfeited this round.
cherik

Pro

cherik forfeited this round.
geminthepoop

Con

geminthepoop forfeited this round.
Posted by doomswatter 3 years ago
doomswatter
So, is your resolution that you can express yourself emotionally through classical music, but not through pop music?