gnaw11
Zarroette

club peguin is bad

Zarroette
Started: 1/28/2015 Category: Games

gnaw11

Pro

the reason why is because for alot of reasons like the membership the events and last but not least the community
Zarroette

Con

As per DDO customs, I will assume that the first round is for acceptance. I await my opponent's opening round of arguments.
gnaw11

Pro

gnaw11 forfeited this round.
Zarroette

Con

Despite my opponent forfeiting the opening round, I will still make an opening argument. For the purpose of this debate, "Club Peguin" will be assumed to be "Club Penguin", which I think is a genuine interpretation of the resolution's subject.

Negative Case

A1: Semantics

A chief concern of my opponent's resolution is that "bad" is a very loose term. Further concerning is that bad is not defined. To illustrate my grave concern, according to Dictionary.com, bad can mean:

1) causing or liable to cause sickness or ill health; injurious or harmful

2) invalid, unsound, or false

Now, with regards to Club Penguin, it is true that Club Penguin, or at least participating in Club Penguin, can render a participant injurious wherein the participant dislocates a thumb in clicking the mouse too hard. However, in the other sense of bad, it is not true that Club Penguin is "false", due to the nature of Club Penguin not being a question or something that is of "false" nature.

Therefore, according to "bad" definitions, it is possible that Club Penguin could be both bad and non-bad at the same time, which breaches the law of non-contradiction, and is thereby a logical fallacy [3]. Therefore, the resolution is inherently fallacious, due to its poor terminology.

Counter-arguments

"the reason why is because for alot of reasons like the membership the events and last but not least the community"

This is a bare assertion, as my opponent provides no sources, statistics or anything else to prove these assumptions [1]. Hence, due to the logically fallacious nature of these arguments, they need not be further addressed.

References

[1] http://www.toolkitforthinking.com...
[2] http://dictionary.reference.com...
[3] http://www.spurgeon.org...
gnaw11

Pro

gnaw11 forfeited this round.
Zarroette

Con

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the bad-mouthing of Club Penguin and the tyranny of people who are wrong about Club Penguin being bad. Blessed is he, who in the name of an awesome hangout place, shepherds the dumb losers who don't want to be social through the heaps cool internet, for he is truly radical and a wicked. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my sick hangout place. And you will know my name is Zarroette when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Posted by Sandra888 2 years ago
Sandra888
Pale others hey? I meant paleophyte, obviously,
Posted by Sandra888 2 years ago
Sandra888
Pale others was right. Sorry, I changed
Posted by Paleophyte 2 years ago
Paleophyte
I think that Sandra888's vote was a mistake rather than biased. Reading the RFD it looks like she meant to vote Con but accidentally voted Pro instead.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
You can tell that @Sandra888's vote was biased because Pro did not give arguments at all, and exhibited a lack of conduct due to the forfeiture.
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
Bad? That is opinionated.
Useless? Vain waste of time? Definitely.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
gnaw11ZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con. Pro forfeited multiple rounds. S&G - Con. In the one round Pro did use, he failed to use proper capitalization. Con had no such errors. Arguments - Con. Con soundly defeated Pro's only argument while also presenting arguments herself which were left standing unchallenged. For this reason Con wins arguments. Sources - Con. Pro failed to utilize sources in this debate whereas Con did.
Vote Placed by Sandra888 2 years ago
Sandra888
gnaw11ZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ffed. Voted wrong before sorry. Did not mean it.
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 2 years ago
Paleophyte
gnaw11ZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Complete forfeit by Pro, failing to make a single argument, cite a single source or use rudimentary punctuation and sentence structure.
Vote Placed by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
gnaw11ZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro forfeited all rounds except for Round 1, while Con made arguments in all rounds. Spelling and Grammar: The only sentence Pro wrote was a run-on sentence and had no punctuation whatsoever. Con effectively and correctly used punctuation in all made arguments. Convincing Arguments: Pro made a single statement and provided no support, thus not fulfilling his BoP. Con provided arguments that refuted Pro's statement. By defining the word "bad" as "1) causing or liable to cause sickness or ill health; injurious or harmful; 2) invalid, unsound, or false" and then showing the contradiction in the definition that Club Penguin is indeed not false. By using these arguments, Con was able to show the Club Penguin is in fact not bad. Pro used no sources, while Con used 3 sources. Due to the lack of sources on Pro's part and the use of sources on Con's part, I deem the sources used by Con more reliable.
Vote Placed by donald.keller 2 years ago
donald.keller
gnaw11ZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: ff....... CA: Only Con gave arguments, and Pro didn't try rebutting any of them... Because he ff'd........ Club Pogo is better <_<