race
HelloHolden

co-education should be allowed in schools or not?

race

Pro

yaan without this you can't enhance your communication skills ?
HelloHolden

Con

I'm assuming by co-education you are referring to mixed gender education. While you didn't lay out whether the first round was for acceptance only, I will assume you are looking for a short rebuttal as you have laid out a brief argument in your first round.

While it is true that interaction between genders helps youth to develop communication skills, I would argue that the benefit of this practice is far outweighed by the negative side-effect of distraction in co-education. As boys and girls develop and go through puberty, interaction with the opposite sex becomes confusing, and to say the least distracting. By keeping this interaction separate from education, we can help our children focus on learning, without the added stress of relationships with the opposite sex during school.

This brings me to my second point, that by separating education between males and females reduces the interaction between them for a period of the day, it does not do so enough to make a noticeable impact on children's communication skills. Youth will still interact with the opposite sex in extra-curricular activities, in their circle of friends, and in other social institutions such as church. Not only this, but they will also interact with classmates at school, which still provides them with the fundamental communication skills they will need.

Overall, I would argue that the small benefit having co-education provides in communication ability pales in comparison to the distractions that it causes.

I look forward to your response, thank you :)
race

Pro

race forfeited this round.
HelloHolden

Con

HelloHolden forfeited this round.