hsr
Cermank

coaching culture is good or bad

Cermank

hsr

Pro

I think coaching culture is good because it increase our performance, knowledge, efficiency so it's have good advantages so it's good.
i think every one have need of guiding so coaching culture also do same work.
so at last i wanna say it's good.
Cermank

Con

I accept the topic. I assume my opponent means the culture of professional coaching in every field that's permeating the student and professional life, but my opponent is free to correct me in the next round if I'm wrong.

My opponent lays down one main points, that coaching improves performance, and by extention efficiency and knowledge.

However, recent research shows that that is not exactly true. A UK survey (Blessing White, Coaching Conundrum, 2006) suggested that coaching in organizations was most definitely not working as well as it could or should.

The survey found that fewer than one in four (23%) thought coaching had significantly affected their job performance, and only 20% felt it had significantly contributed to their job satisfaction. More than half of the respondents said coaching had slight, little or no impact on their job performance (60%) and satisfaction (54%). Ten percent even said coaching had made them less satisfied with their jobs.

Further discussions on the topic found that the fault was not coaching, but the permeance of coaching culture. Coaching is a good way to achieve a particular objective, a means to a end and not the end itself. The danger of developing a coaching culture is risking the means to an end, and thus unravelling the entire utility of the exercize. As has been seen, developing a coaching culture doesn't guarantee success, a good coaching does. And development of a culture where coaching becomes a to-do list for managers doesn't lead to good coaching.

In student life, this coaching culture just leads to excessive dependence and consequently low self esteem.

Lastly, there is always the danger of misguided coaching, especially in a coaching culture where the demand for coaching outstrips its need.

Coaching culture, thus, is definitely not desirable.

The resolution is negated.
hsr

Pro

hsr forfeited this round.
Cermank

Con

Extend all arguments :(
hsr

Pro

hsr forfeited this round.
Cermank

Con

well. damn.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
hsrCermankTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
hsrCermankTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff