shakuntala
oculus_de_logica

colin leslie deans erotic poetry 2nd rank on google-that is good

oculus_de_logica
Started: 8/29/2014 Category: Arts

shakuntala

Pro

type in erotic poetry on google and colin leslie dean erotic poetry is 2nd rank I argue that is good
that must mean deans poetry gets alot of traffic/viewers to be ranked number 2 in popularity
oculus_de_logica

Con

I'm sorry Dean, but Google doesn't work that way.

see, Google is designed to show you information that it thinks might be what you are looking for. It measures how relevant search results are to your previous searches and interests, and lays priority on results that you've already visited or content that is related to content already visited and is thus likely to be more of your interest. While this works well on a person to person basis it means that unless something is specifically sought after by many it will not appear as first choice for everyone.

For instance: I've taken a screenshot of the results that came when I searched for the term "erotic poetry", both with and without quotes. I've linked them below.

http://i.imgur.com...;
http://i.imgur.com...

As you can see, the second ranked result is Pintrest with quotes and netpoets.com. Neither of those two websites are operated by Dean. In fact, Dean isn't even on the first page of the results when I search it.

The reason it is appearing on your page to begin with is because you are posting a lot of stuff on Dean. You most likely spend a large portion of your time on the press and you're often on pages where you mention the words "Dean", "poetry", "erotic". This tells google that you're interested in said poetry and will alter the results to show you those pages you are interested in.

I for instance spend a lot of time on Debate.com reading debates; and in particular I've debated with you about dean often. When I googled "Dean Erotic Poetry" the top result was this debate. the second result was "is dean's poetry put down on DDO", and then finally I got Scribd.

If you for some reason would give up on Dean entirly and never search nor mention him. In due time he'll vanish from your search results as google notices that you're changing taste no longer includes Dean, and because he's not generating a lot of traffic from other people he'll not manage to float to the top of the results on his own.
shakuntala

Pro

well thanks for that info guess you win the debate
cheers
oculus_de_logica

Con

Anytime mate. have a nice day. :)
shakuntala

Pro

shakuntala forfeited this round.
oculus_de_logica

Con

<insert text here>
shakuntala

Pro

shakuntala forfeited this round.
oculus_de_logica

Con

I would place something here, but I'm afraid the debate is long over......
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
shakuntalaoculus_de_logicaTied
Reasons for voting decision: A concession from Pro, whose S&G was lacking in this debate. But he didn't need to forfeit his rounds and drag things out so unnecessarily. Con gets Arguments for the concession and the case. S&G for what are, I hope, obvious reasons, and Conduct likewise. As to sources, Con presented a coherent and sourced case, which wound up leading to Pro's concession, so source points seem rather justified, as it was those sources which helped form the crux of Con's case. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.