SIMPLEME
DebaterxXx

coming electronic medium for education like smart boards, tablets etc,

DebaterxXx

Pro

I accept your debate.

Electronic mediums for schools may also create positive results within the respective school. It not only enhances the learning environment but also allows students to be more attentive to the class. A smart board effectively allows the teacher to portray educational videos and power points. Technology like the smart board would appeal to visual learners as it allows them to conceptually see charts and graphs portrayed on the smart board. Wouldn't it be boring to watch a teacher lecture for the whole period? To provide contrast to the auditory speech of the teacher, a large smart board would provide effective and powerful visuals. Sometimes technology, provided it is use for good purposes like educational purposes can be a positive influence. Furthermore, if a smart board is coupled with an "Elmo"which is a device that allows the teacher to aim the head of the "Elmo" on the worksheet and have it portrayed on the smart board. From there they can write notes on it and the students are able to copy the teacher's notes. Personally, my math teacher uses this device and I can tell you that it has saved time and makes it more comfortable for the teacher. Furthermore without any technology at school, power points are difficult to show to the class as well as videos. Again, videos on a smart board help students stay more focused by adding variety through their teaching style. Indeed, when technology is involved, students are more engaged.

Smart Boards are not the only technological device that can impact the learning of students. In my school, students take pictures of assignments written on the board by the teacher. This save time during class because they do not have to take the time to write down the particular assignment. Moreover, the use of technology helps students prepare for real life. In any field or job technology will inevitably be apart of it! The introduction of technology in school allows students the opportunity to prepare for those jobs. Therefore the technology provides students with the confidence and skills to succeed later on in life.

Technology might also be the key to removing the heavy book-bags that students are obligated to carry. Clearly, Heavy book bags can lead to back problems in the future and disorganization. If textbooks and assignments were sent through tablets (assuming every student owns a pair), there would be no need for heavy papers. Students would also be more organized as they only have to carry a universal tablet with them. Furthermore, students would then be able to do homework on the tablets (assuming h.w is sent to the student via email) and thus eradicate the excuse of "my dog ate my homework."

I will admit that my last argument for technology and education may seen a bit radical, however I assure you that even without tablets all schools should invest in a smart board. Students will definitely succeed and pay more attention with a smart board. On that note, I conclude my main arguments.

I can't wait to hear you counter-arguments in Round Two!
-- DebaterxXx
SIMPLEME

Con

SIMPLEME forfeited this round.
DebaterxXx

Pro

SIMPLEME, I see that you have forfeited round 2, you might have forgotten about the time limit (72 hours).
You still have a chance in round three to create your counter-arguments.
I still look forward to the debate.
SIMPLEME

Con

SIMPLEME forfeited this round.
DebaterxXx

Pro

DebaterxXx forfeited this round.
Posted by Harold_Lloyd 2 years ago
Harold_Lloyd
If you restate that in the form of a complete sentence, we may be able to make sense of it.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
What are you even saying?