ebob1234
justin.graves

communism

justin.graves

ebob1234

Pro

if people used it right communism would be awesome. every ones equal,no body has better stuff than the other guy.its been here basically forever where say no land was owned by a person but it was just the village and if people didn't give to the village the village dies. ultimately if use right to where there wasn't the government owning everything but it was just the country or village it would be awsome
justin.graves

Con

I'm sorry, but when I first read my opponent's contention, it might as well have read:

" vaj nuv yIlo' lugh communism awesome. Hoch ones equal, Dunmo' ghoD ghaj pagh porgh puS lach'eghDI' pagh puH pong ghot 'ach neH vengHom naDev basically reH nuqDaq jatlh latlh guy.its 'ej vaj vengHom didn't nob vengHom nuvpu' Hegh. ultimately vaj nuqDaq nIH ghaH lo' pa' wasn't qum Hoch lach'eghDI' 'ach neH Sep pagh vengHom 'oH awsome" (Bing Translator)

Does that make sense to you? No? Well, it is in Klingon. (Thanks Bing Translator!) I had a hard time understanding what my opponent was saying at first, just as you will have a hard time understanding Klingon no matter how many times you watch Stat Trek: The Next Generation. So, to help out, I have translated my opponent's contentions to make them easier to understand:

"If people used Communism correctly, it would be awesome. Everyone would be equal, and no one person would have more possessions or better quality possessions than another individual. (This portion omitted because I honestly have no idea what my opponent is trying to convey.) If the nation or village owned everything instead of the government and if it were used correctly, Communism would be awesome." (Justin Graves Debate Contention Translator. All Rights Reserved.)

Now we can get started!

Here are the top three problems with my opponent's contention:

1. Where is the evidence?

Pretty much, Pro has no real contentions. He just states his beliefs. No sources. No logic. No evidence. Not much to go off of.

2. "if people used it right..."

I've heard this one before! It goes a little like this:

Communist: Communism works!

Me: But it has never worked in any country it has been implemented in.

Communist: But that is because they didn't do it correctly!

Me: How do you know it hasn't been used correctly?

Communist: Because Communism would work if it were used correctly, and it didn't work in these countries!

Me: So the key to successful Communism is circular reasoning?

Communist: Yes! Because circular reasoning is the key to successful Communism!

That's generally what is being said. If my opponent could tell me what would be the correct way to use Communism, then we can talk more.

3. What the HECK?!

Thirdly, as I've shown earlier, my opponent failed to use basic grammar and spelling, making a good debate nearly impossible.

Remember that Pro has the Burden of Proof!

Thank you and goooood night!

The Laws of Basic Logic

http://www.bing.com...
ebob1234

Pro

ebob1234 forfeited this round.
justin.graves

Con

justin.graves forfeited this round.
ebob1234

Pro

ebob1234 forfeited this round.
justin.graves

Con

I extend my arguments. Vote Con.
Oh, and I'm sorry I was gone for round two, but here is a picture of my sponsor child from Haiti I got while I was gone:

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net...

I'd say my time away from here was well spent.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Since this is your first debate I won't take this challenge. However I advise refining the resolution from just "communism" to a statement about it you wish to support. Right now all con would need to do is prove it historically being detrimental to most places that have tried it.
Vote Placed by jzonda415 3 years ago
jzonda415
ebob1234justin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
ebob1234justin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.