vi_spex
lol101

comprehending the question, is the answer to the question

lol101

vi_spex

Pro

the question is the answer, and the answer is the question

there can be no answer without a question, and no question without an answer

the question is the answer to the question

only when i comprehend the question, can i comprehend the answer
lol101

Con

Comprehend- "to understand (something, such as a difficult or complex subject)"

Question- "a sentence, phrase, or word that asks for information or is used to test someone's knowledge"

Answer- "a response to a question that is meant to show whether or not you know something (such as a question asked as part of an exam)"

Right off the bat, I have already noticed a fatal error within your argument. You claim that "the question is the answer to the question". An answer is by definition different than a question. An answer is a response to a question that is asked.

Rebuttal:
If an answer and a question were the same thing, then there would be no point in asking questions, seeing as you would only have to repeat your question to get the answer. We answer questions as a response, not in the form of asking someone. Comprehension is simply the understanding of the question, not the answer itself. It's key to answering, but isn't by definition an answer.

Question: How much force will a rock that weighs 200 grams and clocks in at an acceleration of 10 m/s put out?

Comprehension: The formula to finding out the force of an object is mass times acceleration.

Answer: 200x10 = 2000 newtons of force

1]http://i.word.com...
2]http://i.word.com...
3]http://i.word.com...
4]http://m.livescience.com...
vi_spex

Pro

so if an answer is a response to a question, what is an answer without a question

does the rock have a tiny jet pack on it? why is it accelerating, throwing it Down Wards?
lol101

Con

An answer can be applied to a command as well.
Example: In a test, "write down the person who was responsible for (insert action)". That can be answered. So an answer can still be a response, even without a question.

You are asking random questions about the rock. This has nothing to do with the primary question itself. If the rock had a jet pack, then it wouldn't be one object, would it? I would have said that both objects added up to a mass of 200 grams if that was the case, not that the rock weighed 200 grams. A jet pack doesn't become a rock when it's tied to one, the rock is just now a jet pack-propelled rock. These variables are irrelevant, since they do not affect the question itself. No matter what, the question states the rock is 200 grams and accelerates at 10 m/s. That's all you need to know along with the formula to answer the question. If it's assumed that throwing it with a jet pack makes it faster, (same with the direction) then I would have changed the data. The point is, it's a rock that weighs 200 grams and accelerates at 10 m/s no matter what.
vi_spex

Pro

your examples are so dull i can hardly interpret them.

i am asking how the stone is accelerating.. stones dont do that. if i throw a stone it dosnt accelerate from the point i throw it, it has the speed it has. my arm is the accelerator fx

lol101

Con

How are my examples dull? You lack explanations, therefore, my reasoning is unrefuted.

A stone can accelerate, they DO indeed "do that". Otherwise, my arm has no strength. If that was the case, both of my arms would be broken by now, and I couldn't type this argument. This is simply a math problem, not a logical problem. A stone doesn't remain a constant speed. Due to unbalanced forces, it goes from being completely still to speeding up exponentially, and finally to slowing down.

HOW the rock was accelerating doesn't matter. What matters is that you answer the question using a formula. (comprehension)

You need to explain your points rather than just make claims. It makes you a hypocrite for calling my examples dull, because you fail to elaborate on yours, and just make bare assertions. Until you actually start making sense and come up with at least a moderately solid rebuttal, I shall rest my case and declare myself an automatic win.
vi_spex

Pro

i got it now.. if you command me to give you an answer, you have a question you want answered

so are you measuring the acceleration of your arm? becasue when you let go of the stone it will stop accelerating, unles you throw it in high winds or something, or down wards

the formula of the answer, is the question

your examples are dull in that they are not true, you need to change the word acceleration to speed, but, this is me finding the answer, which is a flaw in your question

if you use the word speed instead you will have the answer in the question

lol101

Con

"Speed" is incorrect because Mass times Acceleration is the key to solving force. As shown in a previous source, that is what Newton's Second Law suggests. If I used speed, the answer would be incorrect.

And no, a command is not a question, it's a "order given to a person or animal to do something". There is a difference between ordering someone to do something and asking somebody something.

A rock doesn't stop accelerating when thrown, it keeps on soaring through the air until it reached a certain velocity. It then slows down once the air friction becomes dominant.

The formula isn't the question as I have said, it's a comprehension. It's a key for solving the question, but isn't a question itself.

Your arguments are the ones that are "not true". You make all of these bare assertions without simply supporting it. Your examples are dull, because you often fabricate claims without supporting it with solid reasoning. Since you have the BoP, you must tell me WHY something is the case, not that it just simply is the case.
vi_spex

Pro

alright, i was trying to work out the words "clocked in at"

but, what im getting at is your question, dosnt fit that formula, its not worded correctly..

if you command me to give you an answer, you have a question you want answered. im not saying i am being asked a question

no.. you are con, so you have to prove me wrong.. you are not pro, so you are not in a position to make claims unless they counter my position, if you want to win that is

if i throw a rock, it dosnt accelerate beyond my hand letting it go, unless there is wind etc..

the question is the formula for the answer, it must be, just like 2+3=5, the formula is the answer, is the question, in order for there to be a formula for the answer to the question

i dont comprehend newtons laws, you are awsome at it man i see that i am right in what i see just by seeing the frames in my mind as you decribe it with your words
lol101

Con

What's not worded correctly? Please specify this. By the way, your sentence here is written poorly and is riddled with bad grammar.

I don't haveva question I want answered, I have an order that I want you to respond to. A command or order by definition is not a question I want answered.

The rock does accelerate. That is how it gains speed and becomes faster. Air friction will eventually slow it down, but it still gains speed from the immense amount of force applied to it. I asked you a math question, and you turn it into a logic question. That does not matter. I'm talking about what the acceleration is, not when it accelerates.

The formula is not the answer, it's the comprehension and understanding of the answer. Mass times acceleration is a formula to solving force, as I have proven. The answer is a number representing the RESULT of the formula.

By seeing frames in your mind, you know you're right? What? That makes no sense. What connection does seeing frames have with knowledge of winning debates?

Also, if I am awesome at "it", (using sources) then this means you admit that I am good at using sources, thus giving me the point.

I have rebutted all of your unsupported claims and have struck down all of your attempts to refute my arguments. You have failed to correctly fulfill your BoP in proving that comprehending the question is the answer to the question.

Vote CON
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
but if i dont comprehend numbers before i have ever heard them but i ask something, the true answer might simply be i dont know..
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
in order for me to ask the question, i must have the true answer already, or else i would not be able to ask
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
assertions

what is quantum
Posted by KroneckerDelta 1 year ago
KroneckerDelta
Comprehension can both be proved by answering questions AND by asking questions. If one comprehends something then they will be able to answer questions about it. Likewise, a (good) teacher can gauge comprehension from the questions being asked.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
I know. I just disagree that a comprehension is the same thing as an answer.
Posted by KroneckerDelta 1 year ago
KroneckerDelta
I find this an unfortunate debate. I actually agree that one cannot ask a question without knowing the answer (or some part of it). I think this is essential to learning. A question cannot be asked of something that someone has no clue about. Instead a question is a "fork in the road", i.e. I understand something but now I'm not sure if the reasoning should lead to "this" or "that".

There is no question you can ask me that will illuminate your understanding of Quantum Physics (assuming you have no understanding of it whatsoever). It isn't until you understand some parts that you can start to ask a question that can lead to knowledge.

Unfortunately PRO in this case just kept espousing nonsense.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Ok?
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Ok?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i type fast, but you get what i mean, so no point in doing it differently
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
What's a "pirat"? You mean a "pirate".
Vote Placed by KroneckerDelta 1 year ago
KroneckerDelta
vi_spexlol101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: All of Pro's rounds were incomprehensible.