tpathman3
emily.baker012

computer games are good for us

tpathman3 has forfeited round #4.

tpathman3

Con

hello i will be your contender. ARE computer games good for us? Maybe we could find about it
emily.baker012

Pro

I look forward to debating with you! May I ask, are we restricting the scope to specifically just computer games as in specifically PC games, or by computer games do you mean any sort of video game, including handhelds and Xbox. Next, I think that computer games in general is such a huge topic, it might be beneficial for us to argue something more specific, such as video games with violence, or M rated games. Either way, I think this will be a good debate and I wish the best of luck to you.
tpathman3

Con

So let me start. I think computer games are not good for us as they will waste our time with games does not bring benefits such as Grand Theft Auto, and the other games which have violence, vulgar scenes , and also the use of bad words. This kind of activity will not only poison their minds but will also make them use whatever they learn from those games towards other people
emily.baker012

Pro

In the context of focusing on games that solely focus on violence, vulgar scenes, and bad words, I disagree that there are a few benefits to playing such games. This article by HT Heath states that games such as Call of Duty, which is very violent can actually be beneficial. It strengthens one's cognitive ability by making them more spatially aware. It can also increase the speed of learning. (http://health.heraldtribune.com...)

As for taking what kids learn for violence, vulgar scenes, and bad word and taking it out towards other people, I also disagree. I argue that it can actually be a good coping mechanism. Instead of taking out their anger and frustrations on other people kids are able to go home and enter a virtual reality where they are able to safely inflict harm without the consequences of doing it in real life.
tpathman3

Con

I totally disagree with that.Furthermore, people will cut school or maybe not go to school or maybe sleep late as they are engrossed in playing games. They may also throw out a temper tantrum if they lose or maybe express bad words to other people and cause them depression
emily.baker012

Pro

I agree with you in the sense that it can end up taking too much of one's time. But that does not make the video games inherently bad. The saying goes, "too much of anything is bad." You then seem to only be talking about violent and online video games. But in your original argument, you only state computer games. with such a broad scope it is nearly impossible to argue. I simply counter your argument by saying that even violent video games are bad as you claim, not computer games are bad. There are many educational games and games that can positively stimulate the brain.