SirHarrison0
ajisthetruth

constitutional republic (Con) Vs. Pure Democracy (Pro)

ajisthetruth has forfeited round #2.

SirHarrison0

Con

This debate will be on the Constitutional Republic (Con) Vs Pure Democracy (Pro) Argument. I will be arguing for constitutional Republic (Con) and (Pro) will argue against me for pure democracy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rounds:
Round 1: Will be accepting rules and conditions

Round 2: Each side presenting main arguments
Round 3: Each side presenting rebuttals
Round 4: Final arguments and closing statement

Rules and Regulations:
1. No Racism of any kind will be tolerated. any form of racism shown will result in the debate being closed.

2.All Points or "Facts" will and should provide Evidence to back-up point or "Facts".

3.Personal attacks of any kind won't be tolerated. any form of personal attack shown will result in the debate being closed.

4.The Opposition and the Owner of the debate should and will stay on topic at all times.
Voting Rules:
1.If you vote, please post why you voted for the person you voted for.

2.Keep the comment section clean and civil as possible.

Good luck to my opponent and let us try to keep the debate as civil as possible.

This is my first debate, so this will be my test run for this debate
SirHarrison0

Con

Before we get started I want to thank you for participating in this debate.
Good luck and have fun.
Main Argument:
I believe and what many other believe is that the government should be limited to what they can and can't do. The Constitutional Republic prevents Government from impeding on the constitutional rights of citizens living in the specific country. The peoples' voices are more heard through the government because the citizens vote in members of the government that benefit that communities needs. This causes less "mob rule" meaning the minority gets the same amount of voice as the majority. also, the government keeps the government in line, let's take the United state for example. If the president makes a crazy move, it must go through all three stages of Government for that bill or piece of legislation to pass into law. This prevents a dictatorship from forming since the Government has no restrictions to their laws or regulations. The republic keeps these politicians in order so they may not impede on these sacred rights of the citizens of the country.

http://study.com...
http://www.conservapedia.com...
https://en.wikipedia.org...
https://legaldictionary.net...

Posted by desttoyer 10 months ago
desttoyer
give this guy a piece of the ABM group
Posted by SirHarrison0 10 months ago
SirHarrison0
Thank you i appreciate your participation
Posted by David_Debates 10 months ago
David_Debates
Okay. I wish you the best of luck in your debate!
Posted by SirHarrison0 10 months ago
SirHarrison0
@david_Debates
--Constitutional Republic- A Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens

--Pure Democracy- Direct democracy (also known as pure democracy) is a form of democracy in which people decide (e.g. vote on, form consensus on) policy initiatives directly.

Sorry forgot to mention what kind of pure democracy and constitutional Republic since i made this late at night
Posted by Capitalistslave 10 months ago
Capitalistslave
I was considering accepting the debate, but I probably have too many debates I am currently involved in as it is. I think I over did it in terms of that, and I may not even have time to properly respond to all of them. If this debate is still open in a few days once I've finished some of my current ones, I'll accept this.

But as David_Debates pointed out, you might want to define your terms.
Posted by David_Debates 10 months ago
David_Debates
Can you define your terms? "Constitutional Republic" could be anything. Do you mean the United State's governmental system? And by "Pure Democracy," do you mean that all citizens are able to vote on all issues?