vi_spex
2-D

control=direction+timing

2-D

vi_spex

Pro

like dodging
2-D

Con

I think I found you on youtube... same name and comment style o_O. Anyway, I accept. Looking forward to your arguments.
vi_spex

Pro

like, clicking a button at the right moment, aiming the right place and the frog shoots its tongue and catches the fly, 10 points
2-D

Con

Pro has not presented any arguments to defend or clarify his position and loses by default
t.

To Clarify

Pro's position is not clear and false without further explanation.

Google definitions:

Control - the power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events.

Equals - a person or thing considered to be the same as another in status

Pro is equating control with direction + timing, which is clearly false. While direction is important in some types of control, such as controlling a remote drone, it is often completely irrelevant to many types of control. Direction has nothing to do with controlling your mind. While timing is often important to control, they are in no way equivalent.

Timing and direction are often involved with the act of controlling but they are now way equivalent. Pro appears to be confusing a loose relation with an equivalency or an identity.

Pro's frog example

In an attempt to elaborate on the resolution Pro uses an example of a frog catching a fly. The same issues are there. While timing and direction are important in a frog's control of a flys fate they are not in any way equivalent to control but only involved in its execution.

The fact remains that timing and directions are not even related to other types of control. Timing is not highly related to preparing for an exam other than the final date of examination. Direction is not relevant when controlling your appetite. Pro appears to be confusing the general process with strategies to accomplish the process.

Control is a general term describing a process that applies to many different situations. Direction and timing are important in specific situations of control but aspects of control are in no way equivalent to control itself.

-

Pro has not made any argument to support his resolution and so it fails. Pro's resolution is unclear. The most literal explanation for Pro's resolution is obviously false.
vi_spex

Pro

so control is not direction and timing somehow?

you can assert whatever you like, and to me it will always just be a moon made of cheese
2-D

Con

Pro still has not presented and argument to support his case or responded to my rebuttal in any meaningful way. Pro has not fullfilled his burden of proof since he has made no case to support the resolution. Arguments extended.
Posted by hidude45454 1 year ago
hidude45454
Everyone congratulate vi_spex on his 500th debate :P
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i mean with mind force.. cant happen
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Yes. But your mind or your brain processes and decides whether or not that is the correct choice before you even know it. Therefore your mind does control the hair on your arm.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i know those when i get them
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
This is not true,
There exists a reaction,
When a situation gone through,
Involves direct action,

The hair on us rises,
It's a defense kind of system,
It involves the brain,
You cannot resist'em.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i cant bend a hair on my hand with my mind
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Everything we know is limited to sense,
Seeing and hearing with data immense,
However I must say I don't know what your saying,
So from now on no attention I'm paying.
Posted by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
reported as spam :)
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
now is limited by sense
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
I don't know what you mean,
You comments are obscene,
For they never make sense,
They don't amount to a pence.
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
vi_spex2-DTied
Reasons for voting decision: In this debate, Con has proven that Pro is outright flase in trying to fit the definition of control with direction and timing. Therefore, the obvious winner in this debate is Con.