cheeky
RedDebater

corporal punishment

cheeky

Pro

Much time and expense would be saved in the judicial system by allowing courts and, perhaps, even our 'in the field' police officers to authorise / administer discriminate forms of corporal punishment. I recently discussed this issue with some colleagues and we all agreed that, in general, corporal punishment has a useful role to play.
RedDebater

Con

I accept the challenge and wish my opponent good luck!
cheeky

Pro

cheeky forfeited this round.
RedDebater

Con

My opponent has yet to make an argument that I can respond to.
cheeky

Pro

The advantages inherent in the use of corporal punishment surely outweigh any negatives. For what reasons do you stand against? Your argument, please.
RedDebater

Con

Sir, you are the one who instigated the debate. You have to present your position and I refute it. Not the other way around.
Posted by YYW 3 years ago
YYW
Very kinky, Cheeky.
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
"Caning is a widely used form of legal corporal punishment in Singapore. It can be divided into several contexts: judicial, prison, reformatory, military, school, and domestic/private.

Of these, judicial caning, for which Singapore is best known, is the most severe. It is reserved for male criminals aged under 50, for a wide range of offences under the Criminal Procedure Code. Caning is also a legal form of punishment for delinquent male members of the military (Singapore Armed Forces"SAF) and this is administered in the SAF Detention Barracks. Caning is also an official punishment in reform schools and as a prison disciplinary measure.

In a milder form, caning is used to punish male youths in many Singaporean schools for serious misbehaviour. The government encourages this but does not allow caning for girls - instead girls receive a longer form of detention - and no more than 6 strokes are permitted."