audryflaten
mishtitheindianpugilist

corporal punishment

audryflaten

Pro

Should corporal punishment be be banned or kept in schools, daycares, etc? I am a student and I think that with the way children/teens act in today's society they need to be disciplined in some way shape or form. Give me your opinions, should we bring it back or not? If we have more punishment in schools and daycares just think how much more respect kids would give their parents. I think it should be brought back, and kept .
mishtitheindianpugilist

Con

In my opinion, corporal punishment is brutal and too severe a disciplinary action. Corporal punishment can often be very traumatic to the person it is inflicted upon. So much so that a child subjected to corporal punishment more often than not grows up to abuse physically not only his own family but other acquaintances as well.
Thankfully, this practice has been banned in several nations and is a punishable offence in a few others. There are more humane ways of admonishing a child. Take for example grounding him or her. This leaves space for the juvenile to ruminate over his or her bad behaviour and even offers a chance for reformation.
However, if a child is beaten up in order to drill in some moral lesson, there is a high chance the innocent will fall back on its lesson and commit a similar offence, leading to a vicious cycle.
In summary, corporal punishment is detrimental to a child's overall growth and can impair his/her self-esteem and cause lasting damage.
audryflaten

Pro

Thank you! doing a capstone paper for graduation haha and need some ideas on what people think because I am also enlisting corporal punishment.
mishtitheindianpugilist

Con

That sounds good, what with my being completely against corporal punishment. And if you need any more points against corporal punishment, feel free to ask me.
All children in India know how it feels to be smacked. :D
audryflaten

Pro

audryflaten forfeited this round.
mishtitheindianpugilist

Con

mishtitheindianpugilist forfeited this round.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Some advice; use sources to back up your arguments and semantics to establish an even ground of understanding, and need to organize your arguments in an easy-to-read manner that separates problems, premises, contentions, rebuttals, and counter rebuttals.

Here is an example debate: http://www.debate.org...