Minddagger
Zarium

could you be heterosexual and find people who have the same gender as you having affairs kinky?

Zarium has forfeited round #3.
Started: 2/1/2018 Category: Funny
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Minddagger

Con

No, its impossible
Zarium

Pro

I Disagree, and believe it to be entirely possible.

Looking forward to my opponent explaining his position as my original intention is very easy to imagine. (A Heterosexual can find affairs with the same gender as kinky).

I believe a person can still be attracted to a thought, and yet somehow retain their own unique sexuality.
Minddagger

Con

the meaning of heterosexuals is liking the other gender, why would he find affiars between 2 people with the same gender as him/her kinky? no. it would be, homo, bi or pan. otherwise it wouldn't make any sense

"I believe a person can still be attracted to a thought, and yet somehow retain their own unique sexuality."

Would you care to explain this?
Zarium

Pro

"Care to explain this?"
Of course! That's why I am here :)

The meaning of Heterosexual is not liking of other genders :
heterosexuality. The common state of sexual orientation directed towards a person of opposite anatomical sex.

Your definition would imply that heterosexuals would be unable to have same sex friendships - as they wouldn't "like" them.

My argument is that humans can have a sexual orientation - that which they are driven for in relationships (i.e. long term commitments with another entity). However the human mind is incredibly curious - I bet it took you burning your hand to learn that fire is hot right?
Now I am not implying that because as a child you are highly to have burnt your hand at some point therefor people can think gay thoughts - but I am implying that the mind will attempt to tackle situations internally that it hasn't encountered before.

Now - there are differences that I would like to specify between a sexual orientation and a sexual fantasy (Such as imagining a same-sex affair as being kinky) - A sexual orientation will cause someone to physically desire something - they will want their orientation and will do all they can to achieve this.
A fantasy can be accepted as simply a fantasy and left then and there. It does not need to be actioned upon, and can be disregarded at any time.

"I believe a person can still be attracted to a thought, and yet somehow retain their own unique sexuality." - I hope my previous examples of fantasy as opposed to orientation will explain this position - as the individuals choice to action their thoughts determine if it is either a fantasy or their actual desire.

Now to answer the point you raised at the start of your second round -

Is your definition of a homosexual, bisexual or pansexual that they have their respective thoughts at all times?
If that is flipped around - a very clearly lesbian has a fantasy of an attractive man does that immediately make her a heterosexual and she should distance herself from the community she would likely be involved with?

My point is that a person having a thought and thinking to themselves "Whoa that's hot" - doesn't make them immediately homosexual or bisexual - If they were to go "Whoa that's hot.... I'm gonna go do that now because it is so hot." then you may have a point.

Looking forward to your response - I would like to request that you spread your argument out a bit when you respond - please don't hesitate to take as much time and words you need to explain your position - I promise I will read and response accordingly - I really want to hear your opinion on this matter.
Minddagger

Con

....that actually explains a lot of things, you win dude. I cant counter that.