creationism should be taught in science classrooms over evolution

Science classrooms are reserved for science, not fables. The scientific method has show. Its effectiveness time and time again. In the case of the theory of evolution it is no more a "theory" than there is a theory of gravity.

In the case of creationism, the only thing I see it being effective at is giving a nice (depending on your definition of nice) story to those who find comfort in the delusion of a belief in God. Adam & Eve, the snake, Noah and his arc, etc. are all not real.

I've read the bible and I'm versed in the workings of evolution. I am looking forward to a fun healthy debate and hopefully we can land on an island of logical agreement.

I actually disagree, I believe it is good to have a good amount of both.

I believe that you should be able to have a freedom of speech in what you believe. I also believe that, since this world is so large, that you should be able to know what other people believe.

I do not think one should be taught over the other.

Even if you are religious, you should know how science works in the eyes of a scientist and if you're not, vice versa.

I agree with you fully. Sorry for getting technical but for me creationism just shouldn't be in the science classroom. Sure learn about it if your heart desires it but I think if we confuse creationism with the scientific method then I believe there could be negative consequences. Maybe just introduce a new class before high school that's more literature than science. That's where I believe religious stories belong.

Yes I quite agree, change that name to religion, though, I don't think the school would want a bunch of complaints.

Yes, I know that's a dumb precaution, but you know how the world is.

Oh of course. Since we are at an agreement let me ask some questions and hopefully they are good "food for thought" questions. I hypothesis the only way religion would ever die out is if the majority of humans were not afraid or at least nervous of death. Do you agree? I feel like a large reason there are so many faithful is that they don't want to think that when you die it's over.

Also what is your opinion towards life else where in the galaxy or universe? I believe that it is statistically more probable that there is life elsewhere. If you do not agree I have a few thoughts that might make you think.

I have other queries but I shall save them for later rounds Incase you have any commentary

Yeah, I completely agree.

I also agree that there could be life elsewhere, it makes sense.

But I would also disagree that the universe is infinite, thus making life elsewhere only chanced.

I believe it is not infinite as well, but still quite large. On a size scale that humans can not imagine I also believe.

The most abundant elements in our body are the same elements that are the most abundant in the universe(out of regular matter of course). Hydrogen nitrogen, oxygen, carbon runs deep through out the universe.

With that in mind, there could be lets say a million twin earths out there but because they could also be so far far apart from each other there is no way for any communication to take place.

Coupling the size of the universe and how were made of basic ingrideients I believe life is inevitable

TheGuyIsBob forfeited this round.
Posted by Jtp23 9 months ago
"That which is asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
~ Christopher hitchens
Posted by FlammableX 9 months ago
Creation is not scientifically proven. Don't make claims without evidence.
Posted by GoOrDin 9 months ago
Creation is and can be Scientifically proven.