creationismisright
jamccartney

creationism verses evolution

jamccartney

creationismisright

Pro

i believe creationism is right and am willing to debate any evolutionist or atheist on this topic if you are willing to debate me join con is against creationism
jamccartney

Con

I would like to thank creationsimisright for challenging me to such a salient topic. I look forward to this debate.
creationismisright

Pro

yes this is a big topic. any way i believe creationism is right because of the overwhelming evidence also if you do not believe in intelligent design here is what Richard Dawkins has to say about that.

https://www.youtube.com...

so please say why there is not any proof on intelligent design if you believe there is not.

for more info on intelligent design if you want something you think you can use against watch the movie expelled. it will also show how truth is always snuffed out back to you jamccartney
jamccartney

Con

Introduction

I would like to thank my opponent for responding. I will now begin my arguments.

Arguments

My opponent gave me a video link titled "Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design" and seems to assume that Dawkins was admitting to an intelligent design by a god. However, if my opponent waches the video, he will see that Dawkins admits to an intelligent design by other life in the universe, not God.

There is no proof of intelligent design. I have seen none. Nowhere in science has it been found. In fact, it has been looked for in our own DNA. We searched through our own genes to find evidence of a creator or a design, but found none. I also want to point out that my opponent gave no evidence to his claim except for a video of Dawkins not admitting to design by God and a movie titled "Expelled".

My opponent denies evolution. Evolution is a proven scientific fact. Here is some proof:

1. Behavior is a genetic trait that is passed on from generation to generation. Our ape ancestors share many of the traits we have today, owing to the fact that modern hominids, such as chimpanzees, have the same traits.
2. The fossil record, which allows for DNA testing and comparison between species, gives us solid proof. For example, we know humans, whales, bats, mice, etc. are all decedents one particular creature because we all share the same formations within the arm, which include the humerus, radius, and ulna. Furthermore, humans and whales share certain bone structures that we need but whales to not.
3. Again, genetics is the foundation of proof, for it proves, with 99.9% certainty, that Homo sapiens have evolved over an extensive period of time.
4. Vestigial and homologous structures, are again, backed up by DNA.
5. Protein sequencing is very similar across certain animals alive today.
6. Natural selection is, again, proven. It works because certain genetic mutations occur. "Observed mutations have occurred by mobile introns, gene duplications, recombination, transpositions, retroviral insertions (horizontal gene transfer), base substitutions, base deletions, base insertions, and chromosomal rearrangements."
7. Bacterial resistance to antibiotics show us that bacteria that were once killed by antibiotics can suddenly survive it. This shows that bacteria are evolving to suit their environments. This is a proven fact that we have tested in a lab.

How can my opponent deny the years of research, hard work, and studying that has led to the discovery of the revolutionary fact of evolution? It is a fact. It has been proven. Evolution simply cannot be denied. It would be like not believing that the Earth is round, even though it has proven beyond doubt.

"God created man in his own image."
Evolution proves this wrong?

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light."
Humans are made mostly of carbon atoms. This, like evolution, is a fact that we have proven time and time again. We also know that carbon atoms, as well as all the atoms that make up this planet, are only formed within the intense head within a star. So how could God have created Earth before He created light? He couldn't, because the atoms needed for the Earth to form had to be created inside stars, which emit light.

I believe I have proven evolution and shown that there is no evidence towards intelligent design. I look forward to my opponent's rebuttals.

Works Cited

1. http://anthro.palomar.edu...
2. http://evolutionfaq.com...;
creationismisright

Pro

creationismisright forfeited this round.
jamccartney

Con

Well, I am thoroughly disappointed. I hoped my opponent would post his rebuttals. I have been in a few debates recently where my opponent forfeited and I am getting really tired of it. If you cannot keep up with a debate, do not start it. If something unexpected comes up, at least have the courtesy of notifying your opponent.
Because there are no rebuttals to give, I will leave it at this.
Vote Placed by Saska 2 years ago
Saska
creationismisrightjamccartneyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con takes all points. Pro made no good arguments, just asked us to watch an irrelevant video, had terrible spelling and grammar and used not sources. Cap that off with a final round forfeit and you get a clean sweep for Con. It's a shame that Pro seemed to not take this debate seriously, as Con seemed to have a very well thought out argument and a worthy opponent could have made for an interesting debate.
Vote Placed by WilliamsP 3 years ago
WilliamsP
creationismisrightjamccartneyTied
Reasons for voting decision: All points awarded to Con; Pro forfeited, did not capitalize the beginning of sentences and used unintelligent grammar, failed to make a real argument, and neglected to use sources.