The Instigator
alicechew
Con (against)
The Contender
isabel256
Pro (for)

crime is linked to mental health

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Debate Round Forfeited
isabel256 has forfeited round #1.
Our system has not yet updated this debate. Please check back in a few minutes for more options.
Time Remaining
00days00hours00minutes00seconds
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 9/18/2017 Category: Health
Updated: 10 months ago Status: Debating Period
Viewed: 128 times Debate No: 104000
Debate Rounds (3)
Comments (0)
Votes (0)

 

alicechew

Con

Many people would like to place the blame for people's violent instincts on unstable or unhealthy mental wellbeing. However research has shown that this is not necessarily always the case. Most people who commit violent acts, who are thought to be mentally ill, they may be but their violent acts come from a place of displaced anger or emotional issues. In a study of crimes committed by people with serious mental disorders, only 7.5% were directly related to symptoms of mental illness, according to new research published by the American Psychological Association. The other 92.5% of criminal are fully aware of the consequences and wrongdoings of their actions. So in fact, majority of criminals act out of spite or resentment towards a certain individual or a group of people
This round has not been posted yet.
Debate Round No. 1
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
Debate Round No. 2
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
Debate Round No. 3
No comments have been posted on this debate.
This debate has 4 more rounds before the voting begins. If you want to receive email updates for this debate, click the Add to My Favorites link at the top of the page.