tiafoight
Cold-Mind

cutting is okay!

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

tiafoight

Pro

i believe that cutting, i will admit i do cut myself yes it hurts at times and i do it while i cry but when its done and over with you feel like a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders and like it was needed, everyone says that it is bad and unhealthy but yet how many people do it in our world and ever when people say cutting is bad it also means that they do it to. it means they have experience with it and it didn't help but for most i guarantee it will help and its good.
Cold-Mind

Con

My majesty wonders why it is challenged to this random debate.

I am challenging premise "when people say cutting is bad it also means that they do it to". One can know if some experience is bad or good without having that particular experience, by reasoning.

Even though my opponent has BoP, and she will most likely not present any proof, my majesty will make arguments against, just for fun.

1) p1:Cutting is reducing health of the skin p2:Health is good c(p1+p2): Cutting is bad.

More in next round.
tiafoight

Pro

tiafoight forfeited this round.
Cold-Mind

Con

2) p1: People tend to avoid individuals with cuts. p2: Being avoided is bad for mental health p3:Health is good
c(p1+p2+p3): Cutting is bad.

That would be enough, i will go do other stuff now.
If my opponent wants to stop cutting herself, physical excercise will help her, running being probably the best.

tiafoight

Pro

tiafoight forfeited this round.
Cold-Mind

Con

Cold-Mind forfeited this round.
Posted by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
I know, I was wondering if either of you wanted to read it
Posted by Cold-Mind 3 years ago
Cold-Mind
NiamC
"Cutting is stupid" can not mean anything except "Cutting is stupid way to relieve mental problems", because smartness of actions can only be measured by how good they are for reaching the goal.
Saying that it does relieve mental problems is not an argument. You should have argued why it is better than other ways of relieving mental problems.
But since your opponent has not made a clear resolution, it doesn't really matter.
Posted by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
*cough...
http://www.debate.org...