minero
CapnKrunch

dddd

minero

Con

You don't see the main point, guns are made to kill. None of the other you mentioned are made to kill people. Criminals will make their way to guns even f they are banned, that's true and happens in gun banned countries.
But, thanks to guns in civilian hands, accidents may occur and people might even kill friends or familiars, or as we can see, slaughters in schools and such. Wich couldn't be possibly done without guns.
Police in USA is much more likely to kill a person because they think that he or she is carrying a gun and thus he being a potential threat.
However, USA is sticking to a 300 year old law to allow people having guns, wich at least should be something to think about.
CapnKrunch

Pro

So what you are saying here is that guns are meant to kill. But were guns created to kill people? They were created to hunt. Now granted my opponent can say that that was the purpose of guns and turn my argument however they say that criminals can get to guns illegally. That is exactly my point! If we disarm the populace(like the Nazis) then when it comes time that the criminals get their guns and the police cannot respond in time the civilian guns are what's going to defend the populace and additionally if the populace were disarmed then the police will also carry a lower form of protections inch as nightsticks and mace. So disarming the public will give rise to illegal arms race and more crime when the general populace will not be able to protect themselves
minero

Con

minero forfeited this round.
CapnKrunch

Pro

My opponent has not rebutted any of my arguments or have defended any of their own so i take it they concede everything
minero

Con

minero forfeited this round.
CapnKrunch

Pro

CapnKrunch forfeited this round.