unknown_soldier
Plexon_Warrior

death from herb?

unknown_soldier has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

unknown_soldier

Pro

2 deaths? I don't believe that for one second. As a disabled veteran with physical pains & PTSD, I know marijuana helps out medically. Now if someone dies because a discrepancy well it's still not the marijuana that caused the deaths of anyone, it's the conflict between the people. I feel that you are one of the many people that wants to dictate what people should be able to do or not. You want to have the ability to deny a person like myself from smoking pot. I'm 32, if I smoke pot, it's none of your business & you shouldn't have the right to take it away from me. Nor should you have the right to rally with other people to take that ability away from me. If you did the research, you'd find out why marijuana is illegal to begin with & the reason is messed up. Do your research, please. Marijuana has more than just medicinal purposes so put that into perspective when it comes to making marijuana legal.
Plexon_Warrior

Con

I will take this as my acceptance and I will present my main points. We honestly do not know the long term effects of smoking marijuana. We have not had the research nor the long-term evidence to determine if it is lethal. Marijuana may stop some types of cancer, but we do not know if it causes others. I also believe we should not offer marijuana as a smokeable medicine. Instead we should isolate the beneficial aspects of the cannabis drug and concentrate into a pill form, much like how we isolate the painkillers in opium to make opiates like morphine. It would be safer and more effective for treatment. These are my main points and I will elaborate further in the second round.
unknown_soldier

Pro

I think we concentrate too much on "medicinal & recreational" purposes vs what's more important in that cannabis has many industrial purposes. I believe that you and I would agree that inhaling anything besides the oxygen or other things that we need to survive, is bad for us anyways, being that we are depriving ourselves, for moments, moments that add up, of that oxygen we need for a simple head change. Edibles to me would seem like a healthier alternative. Taking away an adults choice is the end result of any law as far as I see it though.
Plexon_Warrior

Con

I don't believe that as medicinal usage it should be ingested in any other form than a pill with cannabid derivatives. Almost all major plants with medicinal properties are administered as such or via an intravenous derivative drug. It is safer and more effective, now as for the debate on whether it should be recreationally legal or not, I am undecided. I believe one should have a choice in what they do, but I also believe it would undermine the effectiveness of a drug if one were to come on to the market. I'm not opposed to weed usage, I mean I may or may not have partaken in the usage of marijuana myself, but I am also looking at its medical benefits. If so it may be more beneficial to be illegal and only used in its medicinal form for patients who truly need it.

Since this debate is over death via marijuana usage, I will start my argument on such. I would like to establish there are no known direct overdoses death, but marijuana can contribute (and has) to a drug over dose known as poly pharmacy. Poly pharmacy is a drug over dose caused by the use of multiple drugs that either overload the human system or negatively react with one another to form a lethal combination. The most common poly pharmacies include marijuana, alcohol, and another "harder" drug. This effect is compounded and may not require the use of a harder drug when using edibles. Edibles take longer to get in the system, but transfer more of the harmful components of cannabis. This delayed response usually causes users to ingest more than recommended to feel the effects faster.

Death's from marijuana can also and more commonly be associated with Driving While Under the Influence. Marijuana slows judgement and coordination and can be just as lethal as alcohol when driving under its influence.

Marijuana has also been linked to addiction and dependency, and thus the removal of the compound from one can trigger withdrawal symptoms that may lead to self- destructive behaviors. Marijuana can negatively affect ones mental health and can worsen the effects of paranoia, schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression with continued usage.

It is damaging to ones lungs and can magnify the symptoms of asthma, cause COPD, increase chances for pneumonia, emphysema, or other respiratory diseases. It is unknown how much, or if it even contributed stop lung cancer.

https://www.drugabuse.gov...
http://www.nhs.uk...
https://www.cdc.gov...
https://www.cdc.gov...
http://www.who.int...
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
It's not about taking away your right to do what ever the f**k you want. Which is essentially what you're saying, it's about it getting into the hand of younger people, such as teens.
We don't fully know what affect smoking pot has on under developed brains and we should be very careful about legalizing pot without all the facts.
Posted by Plexon_Warrior 1 year ago
Plexon_Warrior
Hey no problem. I'm cool with it.
Posted by unknown_soldier 1 year ago
unknown_soldier
I don't know, I felt like being an a**hole. Haven't been in the greatest mood but your response gave me clarity. Thanks.
Posted by Plexon_Warrior 1 year ago
Plexon_Warrior
What makes you say I'm against marijuana? I'm not opposed to its use.