miffex44
Plexon_Warrior

death penalty

miffex44

Pro

I believe the death penalty should be brought back, as it was a great way of dealing those who rape people or commit multiple homicides. The problem with today is they get caught and then 10 or so years later they get out on 'good behaviour' to commit that exact same bloody crime, it is ridiculous and should not happen, if the death penalty were around it would help make the streets safer and may scare those who are thinking of committing those horrific crimes
Plexon_Warrior

Con

To my worthy competitor, I must say that I actually do agree with you, but as the debate is I am the con. I hope to have a fun and lighthearted debate. As to keep in the spirit of this debate I hereby declare... ... ... The Death Penalty Should Not Be Legal Penalty!!!!!!!
miffex44

Pro

my first point in this debate the old eye for an eye theory, it is a great way to get justice for the horrific crimes these men and woman commit. in fact I believe thy deserve it to pay for their crimes, and to bring peace to the families of the victims. a good two thirds still believe this is a great way to do so. to my opponent I bid you good luck
Plexon_Warrior

Con

My first point is that there are many, many, and if I didn't say it... many people who believe that the death sentence is inhumane. They believe that if you kill a man for killing another man than you are yourself then deserving of death for you have just taken that man's life. They believe a man like that is best kept in jail for twenty or so years, until he has learned his lesson.
miffex44

Pro

Putting them in jail will make them more pissed off at us for putting them there and will then get out and seek revenge and go kill another huge amount of people to fulfil what they believe to be justice. This therefore brings me to my second point of 'justice.' Todays justice system is crap, they believe that if there is a jury to help decide what punishment they should get for there crime. I say bring back the day where it was the judge who decided "I sentence you to death"
Plexon_Warrior

Con

If only a judge had the power to decide, which in reality he does, then that would void the 6th amendment in which it is stated "" the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by impartial jury"". Not all criminals released from jail will want revenge or if they do it is not usually by crime or homicide. Some criminals, though not all, are changed people and will try to help those that are still in jail change.
miffex44

Pro

You have a point there my good friend, however even if they are changed there is still a chance even if it is a small one that if they are tempted or pressured into doing it again they would do that exact same crime, and you know what their excuse is when they're finally caught aging its " it was all for the money my mates were paying me to do it." Now you tell me how its better to let them outta prison when that happens. Any whom my third point is that anyone who is on death row whom is guilty but is believed to be innocent and set free and allowed out of the country should at least be under house arrest for two full months to prove it. Now that may sound anti death penalty but I assure you that this what they used to do in rota, Spain, and you know 45% which isn't a lot of them were proven to actually guilty and executed by either firing squad, the chair, or a lethal injection.
Plexon_Warrior

Con

People argue that it is cruel to kill a criminal for murder because you yourself have just "murdered" or killed a man. In a way there are worse things than execution including solitary confinement. Solitary confinement is much worse

"...Prisoners call it The Box. Prison authorities have euphemistically dubbed it the Special Housing Unit, or SHU (pronounced "shoe") for short. In society it is known as solitary confinement. It is 23-hour a day lockdown in a cell smaller than some closets I"ve seen, with one hour allotted to "recreation" consisting of placement in a concrete enclosed yard by oneself or, in some prisons, a cage made of steel bars. There is nothing in a SHU yard but air: no TV, no balls to bounce, no games to play, no other inmates, nothing. There is very little allowed in a SHU cell, also. Three sets of plain white underwear, one pair of green pants, one green short-sleeved button-up shirt, one green sweatshirt, ten books or magazines total, twenty pictures of the people"
miffex44

Pro

miffex44 forfeited this round.
Plexon_Warrior

Con

Plexon_Warrior forfeited this round.
Posted by Plexon_Warrior 2 years ago
Plexon_Warrior
For the full article go to http://solitarywatch.com...
Posted by cosecant 2 years ago
cosecant
Sorry for interruption. If you want to know more about your favourite drink, click here http://www.debate.org... Once on page scroll down to view more options & comment if you wish.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
You know what would make the streets really safe? If we killed everyone. Everyone is a potential murderer and/or rapist. Let's go ahead and kill people for existing. Or, instead we can punish people for crimes the do commit, rather than might commit.
Vote Placed by Themba 2 years ago
Themba
miffex44Plexon_WarriorTied
Reasons for voting decision: It is a tie on my end. Both made points and back them with a few sources and both of them are guilty of over generalizing things