lord_starscream
sillydebater

debate on what to debate

sillydebater
Started: 5/26/2015 Category: Funny

lord_starscream

Pro

In this debate, the other side has to convince me to agree to debate on their chosen topic, while I alongside will try for my topic. Voters may vote on the reasons given to debate the topic. Topic can be any, but it should have reasons to be debated.
sillydebater

Con

I will gladly take up the challenge. My chosen topic: "Debate on what to debate"

You should debate "debate on what to debate" (i.e. this debate). The reason you should do this is because if you don't, then you will forfeit and will lose this debate. I look forward to hearing my opponent's reasons why (s)he should not debate this debate, or why a topic of his/her choosing is a better topic to debate.
lord_starscream

Pro

No, we are already debating that. You need to start debating on what to debate now.
sillydebater

Con

As you state we are 'already debating' this topic, I provide that as proof that I have convinced you to agree to debate my chosen topic, namely, this topic.

As for what to debate now, I argue that you should use round 3 to continue to debate this topic, "Debate on what to debate". My reasoning is that you want to avoid forfeiting which would result in an automatic loss.

Specifically, I suggest you focus on why my choice of topic is not valid, or does not align with the spirit of the original premise of the debate, and argue that I need to choose a topic other than this one that we are debating now.
lord_starscream

Pro

lord_starscream forfeited this round.
sillydebater

Con

As stated in Pro's opening, for me to win this debate, I simply need to convince Pro to debate my chosen topic. Pro did debate my chosen topic (this topic) by posting an argument in Round 2. Choosing to forfeit now does not change the fact that Pro already has posted an argument in rebuttal to mine, and thus has fulfilled the requirements for me to win this debate.
lord_starscream

Pro

lord_starscream forfeited this round.
sillydebater

Con

It appears my opponent's account is no longer active, and thus Pro will be forfeiting the remainder of the debate. Although this would have been a successful (albeit extreme) tactic to win the current debate if used at the very beginning, my opponent did debate this topic in round 2 before quitting. Pro choosing to debate the topic I chose, even just once, is enough for my goal to be achieved.
lord_starscream

Pro

lord_starscream forfeited this round.
sillydebater

Con

The criteria for Con winning was for Con to "convince me (Pro) to agree to debate on their chosen topic". Pro debated the topic I chose in Round 2. Vote Con.
Posted by sillydebater 2 years ago
sillydebater
@Joshua.Downing, Possibly. If Pro had not replied in any round (forfeiting every round), and at the same time created a new debate topic and challenged me to it, that might have been seen as fulfilling the requirements of Pro, namely, that I didn't convince Pro to debate my topic, while at the same time Pro tried for Pro's own topic.

In the comments, Pro proposed just forfeiting, however I successfully convinced Pro to debate this this topic, which fulfills the requirements on me for this debate.
Posted by Joshua.Downing17 2 years ago
Joshua.Downing17
@sillydebater, Was there even a way that pro could have won? ( V4;" V3;B2; V5;")
Posted by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
@sillydebater, that's clever of you!
Posted by sillydebater 2 years ago
sillydebater
But by forfeiting, you'll lose the debate!
Posted by lord_starscream 2 years ago
lord_starscream
k then I'll forfeit
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
lord_starscreamsillydebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.