dairygirl4u2c
Wylted

debate yourself

Wylted

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

well, don't debate yourself, per se. pick a topic that you have debated in the past, and i will do my best to take the position you took, and you must take the devil's advocate position. let's see how well you can do it.

pick the topic and just start debating. no need for acceptance only or special rule rounds.
Wylted

Con

In this debate I was pro racism. I will play devil"s advocate and be against racism. I look forward to seeing pro's arguments. good luck.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

intelligence is proportion to brain size. african americans have smaller brains than whites. they also have lower IQs. IQ tests are debatable, but it's still evidence.

to be fair, whites are not as smart as most asians. whites are known to have a wider rage of intelligence, but overall be less intelligent. hence, more genius whites, and more retarded whites.

also, there have been studies that show people are not able to differentiate other races as well as their own "they all look the same" applies both to blacks and whites and various other racial groups.

races tend to act at least subconciously based on race...
"Researchers explain that the same brain circuits that allow us to classify a person into an ethnic group overlap with other circuits that process emotion and make decisions, leading people to make unconscious decisions based on another's race."

science also proves that race being treated as 'we're all one' and 'colorblind' is unhealthy.
""But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings."

of course, there are various definitions of 'racist'. but given pro initiated this debate, and he hasn't defined it, more BOP should be given to him. also, we need not define it necessarily. it is enough to show that racism in some form is permissible, to expected, to okay.
Wylted

Con

INRTODUCTION

"of course, there are various definitions of 'racist'. but given pro initiated this debate, and he hasn't defined it, more BOP should be given to him."

Obviously she means con, when she says pro. To start with, I didn't initiate this debate. So no, that is not a reason for me to have BOP. Also me not defining racism in order to make my opponent's position easier isn't a good reason for me to have BOP either. She's been in enough debates to know better. Because of how the resolution is worded a split BOP is fair to assume.

HEALTH EFFECTS

There has been numerous studies done to show the negative health effects of racism. Apparently the emotional, and psychological stresses of being discriminated against or just perceiving racism is enough to increase your chance of heart attack and many other stress related diseases.

https://www.apa.org...
http://blackdoctor.org...

MISSING WHITE WOMAN SYNDROME

How come when you watch Nancy Grace or other news shows you'll see missing white women, who are beautiful and upper middle class? Do black women ever go missing? There's been people who've looked into this question. Apparently from time to time, black women actually do go missing.

La Toyia Figueroa disappeared just 3 years after the famous Laci Peterson and Natallee Holloway disappearances, but received almost no attention.

http://transcripts.cnn.com...

Believe it or not La Toyia isn't the only non white woman to disappear. Even though you wouldn't know that from watching Nancy Grace. In 2002 a 9 months pregnant Evelyn Hernandez went missing.

http://www.sfgate.com...

Seriously think back to anytime you've ever seen a missing black woman on T.V. that was as big of a story as Elizabeth Smart or any of these other cases I've mentioned. It's not just your experience that tells us of this racial bias in how the media covers missing people. A study using 5 national news stations between 2005-2007 has also verified the massive under representation of missing minorities in news coverage.

http://www.academia.edu...

The results of this type of racism are obvious. The chances of safely recovering a missing black person in danger is significantly reduced by the lack of media coverage. Racism means that minorities are more likely to permanently go missing.

SELF ESTEEM

Racism has a negative affect on people's self esteem. People treat you or view you as inferior or bad and eventually you will start believing it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Low self esteem can have far reaching effects on your life. People with low self esteem are more likely to tolerate mistreatment or to mistreat others. A person with low self esteem is more likely to get in trouble with the law, be promiscuous or do drugs.

http://psychcentral.com...

CONCLUSION

I've clearly shown many negative consequences of racism, and my opponent has really shown no benefits. I'll get into rebuttals next round and many thanks to my opponent for showing heart and participating in this debate, despite the tough position.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

con has not been able to show that racism is a fact of life.

all he's shown is that it has some bad aspects to it.
Wylted

Con

Pro has failed to cite any sources, so I have no ideal if my opponent's stats are even accurate. since my opponent has failed to use citations her facts should be taken with a grain of salt. I've shown some of the negative affects of racism, but it doesn't come close to describing all of them, by any means. My case has seen absolutely no rebuttals.

My opponent seems to be advocating against multiculturalism as well, but fails to make a case for racism. Now let me take her points 1 by 1.

In what way would inferior intelligence, excuse racism. When deciding your actions in ethics equal consideration should be given based on the beings ability to feel mental or physical anguish. http://www.cns.nyu.edu...

Regardless of IQ people should be treated equally in terms of equal consideration. There is no moral reason to be racist.

My opponent goes on to quote an article discussing the results of study findings with Robert Putnam. He does so without citing the article. What diversity hurts in regards to civic participation it makes up for in terms of productivity and innovation in the workplace and amongst other groups.
http://www.boston.com...

The negatives caused by diversity seem like a wash when you consider the positives I brought up. This argument my opponent brings up is actually an argument against multiculturalism and not one advocating for racism, anyway.

Anyway, back to pro.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

dairygirl4u2c forfeited this round.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Wtf? Why didn't you at least do some rebuttals. Do you honestly not think my rebuttals would touch on that?

Obviously when it came time for rebuttals, I'd touch on that.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
She's been here longer than me.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
nooooooob-snipe!
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
You do realize you're going to be arguing for some ridiculous stuff now, right?
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
dairygirl4u2cWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff and failure to provide any sound arguments. Good job Wylted!
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
dairygirl4u2cWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.