hyperthermicreaper
KhalifV

debate.org is a good source of information

KhalifV

hyperthermicreaper

Con

NO DEBATE.ORG IS NOT A GOOD SOURCE OF INFOMATION HERES WHY...

All deate.org is are people who get on their computers and answer other people answers which sometimes have nothing to do in the real world and 99% of the time its just peoples opinions

this is my argument
KhalifV

Pro

Resolution:"Debate.org is a good source of information"

information:" Information (shortened as info or info.) is that which informs, i.e. that from which data can be derived. Information is conveyedeither as the content of a message or through direct or indirect observation of some thing. That which is perceived can be construed as a message in its own right, and in that sense, information is always conveyed as the content of a message. Information can be encoded into various forms for transmission and interpretation. For example, information may be encoded intosigns, and transmitted via signals.

The resolution is such that con must show debate.org is not a good source of information.

Now, I'm not completely sure what con means by good here, but I shall assume it means "credible"

Tecnically all of the internet is a good place to get information.
con says: "All deate.org is are people who get on their computers and answer other people answers which sometimes have nothing to do in the real world and 99% of the time its just peoples opinions"

I'm not sure, maybe because I'm high,, but I am pretty sure that debate.org does not equal " people who get on their computers and answer other people answers which sometimes have nothing to do in the real world and 99% of the time its just peoples opinions".

X= Debate.Org
Y= "people who get on their computers and answer other people answers which sometimes have nothing to do in the real world and 99% of the time its just peoples opinions""

X is a domain name which donotes the address at which a site be located in regards to the internet, at which debating occurs.
Y is certainly not equal to x.(Because Y is not debate.org)

By what mathematical formula did you deduce 99%. I'm not sure what study you or your PhD coleague's conducted, but it is not currently in any journal of behavorial analysis or sociology or any social science journal.

" general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e.based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts."

However, it is not the case that opinions are inherently a gateway to poor or inccurate information.
X is true or false(by law of excluded middle)
Person A can have the opinion of X being true or false
At random, person X has a 50% probability of being correct in their assessment of information being fact, that's way higher than your connotative 1% probability, derived from your "99% opinion" statement, in which the statement indicates that users will be wrong 99% of the time(100-99=1).

Users also often provide cited sources of information(many of which are scholarly journals or information derived and condensed from the former).
Also by what metric did you deduce that they have nothing to do In the real worlds?

A) The world(I am assuming means the same as "universe") is all of space and time
B) The internet is the result of space and time
C)) The internet is soemthing to do in the real world.

Real shall mean " having an actual being or existence)

A: A is true by definition,however I shall qualify this notion by propising the truism that, if something exists, it exist in space and time.One would not say X exists in no space or time.
B) The internet is a digital construction, which is the resutl of various wiring and coding, which at their core are physical.
(Prima facie this seems to be a composition fallacy, but it is not necessarily the case. For example if all the floor tiles are grey, then you have a grey floor.)
C) I don't know what a not real world is.
I suppose I could possibly imagine a world that is subjectively real but bot objectivre.
The internet must necessarily be something to do in the real world because. it;s a logical incomprehensibility to propose that real users act in non-real worlds.

Conclusions:
So your epistemological entailment that user's opinions are not information, (whichthey areby definition), is false and furthermore youre unwarranted assertion that user's opinion's shall necessariliy entail incorrect statemens or falsitites, is of its self--invalidated.

I look forward to con's rebuttals, and defenses.
May I please implore you to please excuse any spelling/grammar errors I have, I am quie hgih..)
I should also ask con to be more precise and less vague in his assertions and semantic predilections of words,so that I may formulate apt counter rebuttal and so that I amy reemain topical in all instances.

back to Con <3 ^.^

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org...

hyperthermicreaper

Con

well thank you for accepting my challenge now for my argument...

i must say all your argument was is a bunch of maths and stuff that didnt actually Have anything to do with the topic what i meant by my previous argument is that most of the time people who use debate.org do not use actual real world examples it"s just their opinion and don"t get me wrong there is a small percentage of people who use actual information like you

That is the end if my second last argument.
KhalifV

Pro

My first round was actually addressing your 1st round claims because you didn't provide evidence for them.
Where is your evidence that most people don't use real world examples.
I'll be happy to show that most people do use real world examples, but first can you define "real world examples".
Once again, as aforementioned, an opinion does not necessarily entail false information.
So, once you define "real world example" I'll happily show it is the case that most debaters utilize them.
hyperthermicreaper

Con

thank you
what I mean by real world examples is that they use real worlds arguments like for example barrack obama V's mitt Romney majority of the people said 'ugh mitt Romney sucks obamas awesome' this is a classic example of not using real world issues they just use their own opinion.

now to my argument
if people come on this website thinking they are going to find what they what they are stupid morons because debate.org ranges from games to creepy pastas there is an extremly small chance that people will find what they want and like i said earlier people mainly go off their own opinion because they this website as a thing to do in their own free time

that is the end of my second to last argument.
KhalifV

Pro

Once again, no evidence from my opponent.
" majority of the people said 'ugh mitt Romney sucks obamas awesome' this is a classic example of not using real world issues they just use their own opinion."
I encourage any reader to look through the debates, I promise that most debaters provide sourced information,

"if people come on this website thinking they are going to find what they what they are stupid morons because debate.org ranges from games to creepy pastas there is an extremly small chance that people will find what they want and like i said earlier people mainly go off their own opinion because they this website as a thing to do in their own free time"

Well this seems a bit harsh, and unjustified.
As we all know, many people to take the site seriously and there are only a small percent of trolls and games are a small part of DDO.

Con failed to provide an argument addressing the resolution.
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
blackkid
How is this debatable? Debate.org isn't a good source of information and it's not supposed to be since it references everything externally, houses few (if any) experts or credible persons, and the all the participants are naturally biased towards proving some point meaning all references garnered have a slant whether or not they are viable as "definitive evidence".
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
hyperthermicreaperKhalifVTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never really argued and Pro gave multiple sources.
Vote Placed by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
hyperthermicreaperKhalifVTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never gave a real argument.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
hyperthermicreaperKhalifVTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not adress any of pros rebuttad and even concedes that some do uses debate.org as an informative website all the while pro uses valid reasons on why cons generalisation was false