bakr.haltam
CookieMonster9

diet pepsi bad for you

CookieMonster9

bakr.haltam

Con

i dont think that diet pepsi is bad for you
CookieMonster9

Pro

I would like to thank bakr for letting me debate this with him first off. Before I start I would like to clear terms.

bad; 1. of poor quality; inferior or defective.

Diet Pepsi; drink that is from Pepsi, less in calories then Pepsi.

Now that terms are cleared up I would like to make my arguments.

1) Diet Pepsi a healthy diet?

Usually when you hear the word Diet Pepsi you think of a healthy drink that taste good, but if you think that you are mistaken. Most people that drink Diet Pepsi are drinking it to lose weight and be more healthy. Diet Pepsi will not do this for you. I did some research on diet soda's and how they are bad for you and I actually found out that not only is it bad for you, it says one of the things diet soda's can do to you are give you belly fat, which is the complete opposite of what the people who drink it want. Unfortunately that's not the end of it for diet soda fans. Not only can it give you belly fat it increases the chances for things like diabetes, stroke and heart disease. "In a study published in the journal Circulation in 2008, which followed 9,514 people for 9 years, drinking artificially sweetened beverages was associated with a 34% greater risk of developing the metabolic syndrome." - Authority Nutrition. "Also another study found a 36% increased risk of metabolic syndrome and a drastically increased risk of diabetes in diet soda drinkers." -Authority Nutrition. That doesn't sound that healthy to me.

2) Diet Pepsi and Depression

What I have said already may be pretty shocking, but that's not where it ends. Diet sodas (including Diet Pepsi, which is a diet) have shown that the diet sodas can increase depression in you. "In a study of 263,925 adults aged 51-70, individuals who drank soda were 30% more likely to be diagnosed with depression over a period of 10 years." - Authority Nutrition. Not only depression but diet sodas can increase the chance of preterm delivery for babies. "In a study of 59,334 pregnant women in Denmark, 1 serving per day of diet drinks was associated with a 38% increased risk of preterm delivery. 4 servings per day increased the risk by 78%" - Authority Nutrition.

3) Wrapping up arguments

Now that you have seen all of these bad things about Diet Pepsi think about it the next time you go to get a diet Pepsi, because for me you really have to like the drink to drink one after knowing this information about it. If you want even more information about the bad things diet soda's can do to you go to the link below on my source that got the facts from. I wish the best of luck to my opponent and that we can have a thoughtful debate.

http://authoritynutrition.com...
bakr.haltam

Con

that was a very convincing argument CookieMonster9,. after doing some research to give you a counter argument I did not really find anything convincing.
all I found is that diet drinks diet soda will trick you body into thinking it consumed sugar so when it realises the amount of sugar is insufficient it wants to compensate by eating more which in turn promotes gaining weight.
CookieMonster9

Pro

I see what you are saying, but

1) Rebuttals

Okay but gaining weight ( which is what you said) is not want the people who drink it want, which is what I said. I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not but other than that their is nothing else to rebut.

2) (Extended Arguments)

3) Ending

Okay so I don't know if you are going to continue this debate or not, but the best of luck to my opponent.
bakr.haltam

Con

thanks, and congrats on winning
CookieMonster9

Pro

Thank you and I wish the best of luck to you in your future debates, and if you need any help about the website PM me and I'll try to help.
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 2 years ago
FaustianJustice
bakr.haltamCookieMonster9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Source points to Pro, it was a reliable and appropriate source for which to ground an argument from, bringing me to Conduct, awarded to pro for vesting themselves in the debate, Con just really didn't seem to have much beyond their own assertion, and that is also why I awarded convincing arguments: this reads as though Con conceded, thus admitting their arguments were inferior.
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
bakr.haltamCookieMonster9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con concedes.