rebecca_ankita
rationalthinker

do losers have a place in this world?

rebecca_ankita

Pro

Yes. Every random person YOU call a loser isn't even one.

First of all, losers aren"t even born on this planet, until and unless you win that first race against a thousand million sperms, you aren't even BORN. So even by natural selections, losers aren"t even born on this planet.
Secondly, nobody has the right to decide whether somebody is a loser or not. The person himself/herself has the only right to do so. If that person accepts that he/she is a loser in the competition called life, the moment he/she accepts defeat, he isn't able to live with himself/herself and kills himself/herself.
If you don't mean 'world' literally, then consider this. Suppose i m am athlete. I have been competing at meets all my life, never really making my mark. One day i realize that I' m a loser, not meant for the world of athletics, i leave the 'world' of athletics forever. Hence I m a loser who doesn't have a place in that world.
rationalthinker

Con

I thank my opponent for starting this debate, and I see the good intention behind this resolution.
But first of all, I would recommend that my opponent post the resolution in the form of a statement, rather than a question.
The arbitrary nature of a question makes it hard to understand which side my opponent is on.
Secondly, my opponent offered no definition of the word "loser", making this word arbitrary in this debate.
Thus, instead of arguing my own ground, I will demonstrate why my opponent's arguments actually lead to the conclusion that losers DO NOT have a place in this world.
My opponent's first argument is that losers aren't even born. Although my opponent offers no official definition of loser, we may infer, simply by this statement, that a loser (in my opponent's frame work) possesses the following characteristics:
1. He was not born, therefore he does not exist.
This statement alone is sufficient to prove that losers don't have a place in this world, since true losers don't even exist.
This argument, on the surface, may seem like merely playing with words that carries no weight.
However, we have to see that since my opponent offered no definition, his conception of the word loser can only be inferred from his arguments.
My opponent's second argument is that only the person has the right to call himself a loser. A corollary that my opponent came up from this argument is that if a person deems himself a loser, he will kill himself.
(Although I do not wholeheartedly agree with this corollary, I will go with it for the sake of argument )
From here, we have a better understanding to construct a complete definition of loser in my opponent's mind.
A loser have these two traits:
1. he does not exist.
2. He already killed himself.
Both statements lead to the conclusion losers actually have NO place in this world, since he either does not exist, or has already killed himself.
Although this debate is destined to lack substance (mainly because of my fault, I must admit), we can hopefully draw some positive conclusion from it.
Conclusion one: Losers DO NOT have a place in this world.
Conclusion two: No one is actually a loser, as long as he still exists and has not given up on himself.
The significance of conclusion two is way more important than that of conclusion one. It is a positive message that as long as a person keeps fighting for his chance, he is not a loser.
Hopefully my opponent agree wholeheartedly with both of my conclusions.
I appreciate this opportunity to voice my opinion.
rebecca_ankita

Pro

rebecca_ankita forfeited this round.
rationalthinker

Con

rationalthinker forfeited this round.
rebecca_ankita

Pro

rebecca_ankita forfeited this round.
rationalthinker

Con

rationalthinker forfeited this round.