do you think anyone can dance?

Started: 1/12/2015 Category: Sports

No, not everyone can dance. I should know because I am a Rockette. Dance is the most physically demanding sport of all time (this will be argued later). I went and read some of the opinions on the debate "Is dance a sport?" and I was one opinion that stuck out to me. This person said that all dancers do, EVERYTHING that dancers do can be learned in one month, but NEWSFLASH we train for years(I'm talking like decades) to be a professional dancer. many things such as a double pirouette take about 6 MONTHS to learn, 1 YEAR to master, so no, not everyone can dance, and if you think so, try doing the Nutcracker yourself (or a Rockette performance).

Yes, anyone can dance.

According to, dancing is to move ones feet or body rhythmically in a pattern of steps, usually to the accompaniment of music.

Walking to music could be a form to music because you would be moving your feet in a rhythm. Waddling could also be considered a form of dancing.

Anyone can dance. You don't have to be a professional dancer to dance at a party. Also, the nutcracker and other dances are done by professional dancers, but those dances aren't the only dances out there. There is the somewhat stupid "sprinkler" dance, but none the less, it's still a dance.

So yes, I believe that everyone can dance. The "sprinkler" dance only took me 5 whole minutes to learn when I was four years old. So try doing that yourself, you might look stupid doing it though, but remember, it is a dance.

I will admit, you do have me there. But you forgot that "dance" includes all forms and levels of skill, yes, most people can do the sprinkler, but not everyone can dance at an advanced level. Dance as a whole is easy, hard, professional, and for fun. As for the reference to dance, no, not everyone is capable of "dancing". If you understand what I mean. The reference to dance that I am referring to is dance as a whole beginner and advanced. If you cannot do both, you cannot dance.

Sorry if this comes off as a bit rude, but the debate is if I believe anyone can dance. The debate is not if I believe anyone can dance at a advanced level, but it is just dancing in general.

Also, please read the definition I gave about dancing again. Dancing is moving one's feet or body rhythmically.

So again, I do believe that anyone can dance, even if they aren't the best.

I refered to dance as a whole, including all levels. The way you see it yes, everyone can dance, but the way I see it, no, not everyone can dance.

Everyone can dance. If you were referring to all levels of dance, then beginners should also be included. Even people who are dancing for their first time. Everyone can dance, even if she\he isn't the best at it. Please vote pro.
Vote Placed by Commondebator 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro defeated con by showing the definition of dancing and making his statements irrefutable. (And they were not rebutted)