EppurSiMuove
Philocat

does absolute morality exist?

EppurSiMuove

Con

I have been thinking about this topic for a long time.I wonder if people have something about innate morality.Please don't say something like that yes absolutely people have an innate morality thanks to god!I don't want to constrain this topic as a religion discussion.This is not about god.This is about people and If we answer this question,We may create better law rules,better perspectives and better social connections.Thanks for answers :)
Philocat

Pro

Ok, post your arguments :)
EppurSiMuove

Con

EppurSiMuove forfeited this round.
Philocat

Pro

I extend my invitation for Con to post his arguments.
EppurSiMuove

Con

EppurSiMuove forfeited this round.
Philocat

Pro

The debate has ended, most likely my opponent has gone inactive.
Posted by Philocat 1 year ago
Philocat
Would you mind posting that in the actual debate, not the comments? Thanks :)
Posted by EppurSiMuove 1 year ago
EppurSiMuove
My argument is about changing.I know a lot of thing has changed from the beginning of the universe.I can't say this is good or this is bad.What is good,What is moral?To respond this question is important because we sometimes look if the murderers' behaviors and perspectives were moral before they killed their victims.Adolf Hitler is acknowledged for his bad things but I wonder If he had won the world war 2,would we have been talking bad things about him or would we have said that yes he is absolutely evil.I wonder If our law systems,families,friends,teachers and others taught us that killing is not an abomination,would we think that killing is a bad thing.Before one thousand four hundred years ago,People's hands had been cut who stole something.We don't punish them now as we say that this is not moral.Who can prove me that people will think that after one thousand four hundred years later prisons kill humanity;consequently,they are not moral.Either absolute morality is not logical,maybe my logic is wrong,on the other hand, temporary morality is logical BUT I am not able to answer that if there is not an absolute morality,how can we understand what is moral and who is moral.All law systems can't be wrong.Can it?
Posted by Philocat 1 year ago
Philocat
Would you like to make your arguments first, or shall I?
Posted by Finalfan 1 year ago
Finalfan
Is there evidence for absolute morality? Is there evidence against it? stay tuned...